CZ 82

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Gunguy99, May 5, 2018.

1. Gunguy99

Gunguy99 Full Poster

249A751B-7C84-4048-A7A2-F449E1EE726F.jpeg Never owned a Double stack mag Handgun before much less any CZ i know nothing about it. Also, what’s up with the rifling?

2. bubbat

bubbat Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.

Clinton
    It's called polygonal rifling, like a Glock or HK and few other pistols.

3. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

Polygonal rifling. I think Hexagonal in this caliber. It has some advantages over conventional:

Soonered likes this.
  4. 2DARK2C

2DARK2C Distinguished Poster

i bought 2 years ago when cdnn had them for under $200. they have more/worse recoil than same size packages in 9mm with tilting barrel designs (cz82 has a fixed barrel and is chambered in 9x18mm)

I sold them both, more due to not wanting several similar calibers than anything else. rock solid warhorses. I would love one in 32acp!

Soonered and Quickeye like this.
  5. Gunguy99

Gunguy99 Full Poster

I’ve never owned such, all i’ve ever dealed with was old wheel guns and a few 1911’s. I am by no means new to firearms just never seen it i guess

Soonered likes this.
  6. Gunguy99

Gunguy99 Full Poster

That is some strange rifling but as long as it’s accurate it doesn’t bother me, thanks everyone.

Soonered likes this.
  7. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

Be aware that some mfgs (Glock in particular) using polygonal rifling advise against using unjacketed bullets due to leading. Make sure that you de-lead the bore regularly if you do use plain lead bullets.

jakeg823, Soonered and Gunguy99 like this.
  8. Quickeye

Quickeye Vietnam&PersianGulf Wars MSGO Supporter

Česká zbrojovka or CZ. for short(meaning Czech Armory) has been around since 1937. They were in Czechoslovakia now the Czech Republic and have produced excellent military and civilian firearms.
    During WWII the Nazi's had taken over the country and the arms plant, so the Allies tried to put them out of business.
    The Czech's just moved everything to private dwellings and avoided getting wiped out.
    You may have heard of some of their Mausers, some were coded, and some "in the clear". The VZ-24 Mauser Action is sought after by custom builders even today.
    (Probably way more than you wanted to know, but knowledge is power.):)

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Soonered and Gunguy99 like this.
  9. Quickeye

Quickeye Vietnam&PersianGulf Wars MSGO Supporter

'Tried showing off once to a Czech immigrant(legal) working at CVS, and pronounced the full name for her to show her I could speak Czech.
    I stumbled it out and she said, "You sound like a Russian!" Česká zbrojovka Uherský Brod

Soonered and Gunguy99 like this.
  10. Gunguy99

Gunguy99 Full Poster

Well that’s interesting, i paid $325 for at the gun show today in Jackson. Pretty clean little thing.

Quickeye likes this.
  11. Akoustic

Akoustic Active Member

Jackson
    That's a very nice example for that kind of dough. How many mags came with it?

12. Gunguy99

Gunguy99 Full Poster

Just one mag, i’m looking for another. i almost purchased a CZ 52 to go along with it but my ol lady and my wallet said other wise.

Quickeye and Cliff731 like this.
  13. Soonered

Soonered Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Did he have have two of them along with a PA-63 and CZ 52? If so I looked at those. I've got a cz82 and cz 83 and like both. You got a good pistol. Now you just need to reload for it. You can cut down 9 mm luger cases to make makarov if you have the patience. I've done about 700.

Quickeye likes this.
  14. Gunguy99

Gunguy99 Full Poster

Yea that was him and i’m not too big on reloading but if ammo gets hard to come by then i’ll give it a try.

Soonered likes this.