Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be having our scheduled match on Saturday June 6 at Magnolia Rifle and Pistol club. This will be a special D-Day anniversary match. The gate will be open by 6:30 with first match starting at 8:00.

Due to corona virus concerns we’ll be practicing social distancing. Please be aware that at some point in the match you may come within six feet of someone else. Use your own judgement on this. Masks will not be required, but if you feel you need to have one bring it. Please bring water and snacks. We will not be having our traditional hotdogs after the match. There will be bottled water in a cooler for those that forget or run out of water.

Fee for this match will be $10. Shoot one or all three, it will still be just $10. We’ll also have achievement pins for Garand, Vintage bolt, 03 Springfield, and Carbine.

Relay 1 will be M1 carbine and start at 8:00

Relay 2 will be Garand, Vintage bolt, or 03 Springfield and will start immediately after relay 1.

Relay 3 will be same as relay 2 and start immediately after.

If you’re not shooting in relay 1 please arrive before 9:00. Gate will be closed at 9:00.

If you’re planning on attending please post up here or respond to [email protected] with your name and what you’re planning to fire (Carbine, Garand, or Vintage bolt). Walk ups will be welcome, but signing up early makes my life easier.

If you’ve never shot with us before you’ll need to bring a signed and notarized CMP affidavit. https://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Affidavit.pdf

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Course of Fire?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
M1 Carbine will be forty shots for score.
All shots fired at 100 yards
5 sighters
10 shots slow prone in 10 min
10 shots rapid prone from standing in 60 sec
10 shots rapid sitting from standing in 60 sec
10 shots slow fire offhand in 10 min

M1 Garand, Vintage bolt, 03 Springfield will be thirty shots for score. All shots fired at 200 yards.
5 sighters
10 shots slow prone in 10 min
10 shots rapid prone from standing in 80 sec
10 shots slow offhand in 10 min

·
Death is Preferable to Communism.
190 Posts
Will be there for all 3 matches

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd love to be there. Believe me, going stir crazy.
But family is over-protective of me with my health problems.
Looking forward to scores & photos, at least I can live vicariously through the forum.
Hope y'all have a great match!
Do what you must to stay healthy. Come shoot with us when you can.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Would love to be there but have a torn meniscus issue since last summer so no sitting or getting into position from standing. Having surgery on it the week after next. Maybe I'll be turned up for the next one.
Wife has same issue and is due to get cut in a couple of weeks.
Me? I've had 14 knee surgeries and a replacement so far.
Good luck with yours Bro.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts