close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dade speedloaders

Discussion in 'Sold' started by patchz, Apr 21, 2016.

1. patchz

patchz Court Jester

for K frame 357/38 S&W and N frame 44 S&W.

2. Cliff731

Cliff731 Danged ole' Hermit...

Patchz, are these in production again somewhere?

3. Vick

Vick Distinguished Poster

I'm pretty sure the Dade loaders have been out of production for some years. The H&K loaders pretty much took over the market because they held the cartridges more securely and they didn't fall out when thrown from one person to another. I still use Dade's with my .357, but since I'm not a LEO I don't get in situations where I have to toss a fellow officer extra ammo; if you even drop them on the ground the ammo is apt to come loose from the Dade's.

4. Vick

Got curious and went looking...someone posted that Dade speed loaders are back on a S&W forum, but I couldn't get the forum to load.

5. patchz

patchz Court Jester

Not to my knowledge, but there are a lot of used ones out there.

6. Cliff731

Cliff731 Danged ole' Hermit...

My friend, I hope you can find some!!! :cool:

7. patchz

patchz Court Jester

Yes, I it's true that Dade is less secure than HKS. But, Dade was faster and I used them exclusively in competition. I also carried a model 29 on duty and the likelihood of my tossing a speedloader to someone was slim to none. I carried four on duty. But alas, I let them go with the 29 when I sold it. I do still have three K frame but would like to have more and would like to have a few for my 629.

8. patchz

patchz Court Jester

In my search, I think I would have found something if they were back. I didn't. In fact, the only ones I found were on eBay.

9. patchz

patchz Court Jester

Thanks.

10. Vick

Like you, I preferred the Dade loaders for competition (I was shooting a revolver class in IPSC matches) and carried them at other times just as I still do; they are a bit faster than the H&K's. Now I often carry one in my right coat pocket when carrying my M-66 S&W...I like a little weight in that pocket when drawing from under a coat.

11. patchz

patchz Court Jester

I used to carry one in each jacket pocket. They helped keep the wind from blowing it open and revealing my carry.

12. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Distinguished Poster

Ever think about cutting your cylinder for full moon clips?

13. patchz

patchz Court Jester

No thank you. Now if I had a 45 ACP revolver...

14. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

I've thought about having one of my 38's cut for moonclips. They can do it now so you can use either or.

BasMstr likes this.