Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been thinking for a while now about the possibility of switching from 45 ACP to 10mm for daily carry. I'm a 1911 kind of guy and more often than not you'll find me carrying a bobbed 1911 commander. Either my Kimber Super Carry Pro or my S&W E-series. Both great guns, no doubt but honestly I was looking for a little, more. Both the guns mentioned have light weight frames (read that as, alloy) which is okay but I prefer steel. So all that said; a couple of years ago I picked up an EAA Witness Stock in 10mm. And so started my path toward 10mm. Not too long ago I was lucky enough to happen upon a couple of deals and picked up a Colt Delta Elite and a Dan Wesson Razorback. That about did it. Only problem is I've gotten really used to carrying a Commander so the Razorback was feeling a bit on the large side. Also I've been spoiled by bobtails. Now comes the fun part :)

About 6 weeks ago I contacted Keith Lawton at the Dan Wesson Custom Shop. We had a little discussion and by the end of it I had ordered a VBOB in 10mm.

Well I got the email today saying it was ready to ship. Ladies N Gents; by the end of the week I should be the proud owner of a Dan Wesson 10mm VBOB (with a few custom touches).

Pictures soon to follow :)

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
The 10mm seems to be making a come back.

Reactions: phillipd

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Congrats - you know Dan Wesson dropped the Valor line for 2019. So you're going to have a rare gun in more than one way.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats - you know Dan Wesson dropped the Valor line for 2019. So you're going to have a rare gun in more than one way.
Yes I know; when I ordered mine they had actually already stopped producing Valor frames so mine don't have front strap checkering. Just so happens I prefer not having the checkering so it worked out for me. It is a Valor in every other way however + a few things that I added.

Reactions: harleychief

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Yes I know; when I ordered mine they had actually already stopped producing Valor frames so mine don't have front strap checkering. Just so happens I prefer not having the checkering so it worked out for me. It is a Valor in every other way however + a few things that I added.
I've got a VBob that I bought last year and it is in my EDC rotation and a very sweet shooter.

·
Premium Member
3,875 Posts
My brother has a DW 1911 V-Bob in 10mm. It's probably the best shooting 1911 I've ever shot. I've often said that high end 1911s often aren't worth their inflated prices, but that one is worth every penny.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 15 of 15 Posts