Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
All I can say is that when it goes back down y'all need to really stock up. I honestly have no idea how many .22 rounds we have here. I gave up trying to keep track long ago, but I do remember my last order was for 10k rounds. Couple of Christmases ago I built a .22lr rifle for our Grandson and gave him 1,500 rounds with it.
The .22 is one of the most basic preps we can stockpile and should do so every chance we get.

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
I have been seeing stuff start to come back down, I saw 7.62x39 for 35 cents per round today. If people quit buying at inflated pricing they will lower the prices (easier said then done).
I do believe the prices will come down but like fuel, once "they" see what folks will pay the prices will never return to what they once were.
I remember 10-12 dollar per k for primers, 80 bucks for a keg of Win 748 and 9 dollar a brick .22 ammo.

·
Thank a veteran.
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m
All I can say is that when it goes back down y'all need to really stock up. I honestly have no idea how many .22 rounds we have here. I gave up trying to keep track long ago, but I do remember my last order was for 10k rounds. Couple of Christmases ago I built a .22lr rifle for our Grandson and gave him 1,500 rounds with it.
The .22 is one of the most basic preps we can stockpile and should do so every chance we get.
I’m not in a bind by any means. I just can’t believe some of these prices.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,529 Posts
What a concept.......
Yep what a concept right Mike? The prices are more than ridiculous and its people that continue to have the attitude and pay the price for it why it wont come down anytime soon.

But I agree with you stupid ridiculous like some people.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,529 Posts
🤣 yeah right!
I've been seeing the 7.62x39 around 50 cents a round always cheaper than the cheapest 223/5.56 rounds. Getting people not to buy is the hard thing.

·
Premium Member
14,551 Posts
I've been seeing the 7.62x39 around 50 cents a round always cheaper than the cheapest 223/5.56 rounds. Getting people not to buy is the hard thing.
That’s what I’m referring to. The fact that people won’t stop. I’m not buying a damn thing that isn’t a primer or powder.....even then I only buy a 1000 or two of primer or a few pounds of powder. While at a marked up rate.......they certainly aren’t what the general moron pays.
It baffles me that some folks just don’t get it......if you’re not willing to pay the price to replace it,don’t shoot it. Price being time/money/effort spent. I haven’t bought 100$ of factory ammo (22LR excluded) in years......and only then if I’m loading for a new to me caliber,just to get a feel for the round.

With the 22LR being how it is........you buy it when times are good,you shoot it when times are good.......you do nether during Democrat rule. Go buy a good air rifle.......they’re going to do as well,if not more,than that round.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,529 Posts
That’s what I’m referring to. The fact that people won’t stop. I’m not buying a damn thing that isn’t a primer or powder.....even then I only buy a 1000 or two of primer or a few pounds of powder. While at a marked up rate.......they certainly aren’t what the general moron pays.
It baffles me that some folks just don’t get it......if you’re not willing to pay the price to replace it,don’t shoot it. Price being time/money/effort spent. I haven’t bought 100$ of factory ammo (22LR excluded) in years......and only then if I’m loading for a new to me caliber,just to get a feel for the round.

With the 22LR being how it is........you buy it when times are good,you shoot it when times are good.......you do nether during Democrat rule. Go buy a good air rifle.......they’re going to do as well,if not more,than that round.
Oh I knew thats what you was saying. Air rifle is a good ideal I should really look into that one myself. Yep I just buy what I need to get by during the communistic rule. That being said I need to come see you in a coupe weeks.

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Not everybody has the money or storage space for stockpiling. For .22LR, it's not so bad because it doesn't take up a lot of room and was pretty cheap. That's not the case for a lot of other stuff. I have a decent stash, but now it's a Catch-22. I have plenty, but I don't want to actually use any of it because I can't restock.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts