Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are you using for a barrel vice? Making a black Friday order and they have the Wheeler barrel vice on sale. Had it in my cart, then started relooking at it. It gets good reviews, but I can make one of these in a couple hours. The oak inserts aren't nothing either. What do you use/think?

Reactions: DEADEYE 1

·
Premium Member
14,537 Posts
I’m not deadeye.........but,I used a paddle bit and some red oak. Drilled a hole,spit it in half with a table saw......presto 😂

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m not deadeye.........but,I used a paddle bit and some red oak. Drilled a hole,spit it in half with a table saw......presto 😂
Exactly what I was thinking. A bit of oak, some 1"x2" flat bar, bit of labor and I'm good.

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,304 Posts
I dont know if you meant me, but I got mine from either Brownells or Midway. it used the blocks of wood and I have put some powdered rosin on the gripping area. I think the wood that came with mine is oak.

Reactions: Henry Bowman

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just copied the one I was looking at. It works good so far. I haven't been able to use it recently but I figure if I can use it to rebarrel Garands and M1 carbines it's tough enough. I scored two loads of huge pallets and rough cut oak 4"x4"s from when I was installing equipment at Mercedes. I've been using bits of them to make up whatever bushings I need.

Oh, +100 on the pine rosin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts