Decisions, Decisions?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by rigrat, May 6, 2018.

1. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Well got a little gun fund raised again but can't decide on whats next. And as it would be looks like I could use just a bit more in the fund to make the selections a little better, LOL. But isn't that the way always.
    Been thinking of getting a 40 lately just because. So been looking hard at a Kahr CW40 as I like my CM9 I have. It is my semi snubnose and pocket rocket so to speak. But then there's me wanting a AR pistol or a AR9 pistol but I have a 2 AR carbines and a rifle so do I really need another. And I'd like to get another 45 colt revolver but hard to justify one right now. Few m10's out there right now that would be nice but have 4-38's already. Have a Glock 19 so do I need another Glock, unless a G43 but it would fall into same detail as the CM9.......

Ah lawdy, what to do, what to do.

JohnDeere, 22lrfan, CajunBP and 3 others like this.
  2. Ellis93

Ellis93 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I like my 9mm Ar. A pistol version would be awesome to throw under the truck seat.

3. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Yeah thats what I was thinking and PSA has a nice one on sale for $500 right now.

4. Cliff731

Cliff731 Danged ole' Hermit...

Rigrat - if you don't have one already, I'll suggest Ruger's GP-100 revolver... it covers the .357 Magnum bases quite well!!! :)

jakeg823, BasMstr and rigrat like this.
  5. onlymaroonmatters

onlymaroonmatters Eat Sleep Jeep & Guns MSGO Supporter

Laurel
    First, no such thing as too many ARs. I second the tan AR9 PSA has for sale. I'm super tempted myself. Since have a 19, I'd recommend getting a good used 22 then get a conversion barrel so can have the 40 you've been wanting plus have a full size to compliment the 9mm compact you already have.

6. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Don't have a GP100, and I like the SP101 better. But I have the 357 covered with a Security Six.

Yes the PSA is very tempting. And a 300 dollar G22 police trade in is real tempting also. And I did like the G17 I sold so a G22 should be right there in the likes department.

Ellis93 and Cliff731 like this.
  7. Cliff731

Cliff731 Danged ole' Hermit...

I would say you have that one covered quite well, Rigrat!!! :101010::101010:

And the SP-101 is also a fine revolver too!!! :cool:

Do you have a .22 revolver yet??? :)

maxhush likes this.
  8. Ellis93

Buy the Ar9 and I'll send you some heavies to send down it lol
    You'll like it lol

94LEVERFAN, BasMstr and rigrat like this.
  9. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Yes I have a old H&R 949 that I got in 1982. It will never leave me will stay and get passed on probably to my grandson or my daughter. While probably not the most accurate it is snake head accurate and has killed many a cotton mouth , even a couple in tree limbs 3+ feet above the water. :lol1:
    Best shot I ever made with it was a cotton mouth, I didn't see, struck at me. I cleared leather and hit it in the head first shot killing it. I used a old cheap leather holster right hand thumb break that I slotted for cross draw carry. And I always carried cross draw with it. Back then that thing went everywhere I did in the woods , creeks and rivers. killed more snakes with it than anything else I have ever owned. Probably shot that thing more than 10k rounds.
    Also got a MKIII and a P22. The P22 can't sell youngest claimed it. But have been thinking of selling the MKIII. It is a nice one with a trigger that is adjustable for pre and over travel. I put a rifle scope on it one time and took a squirrel from 50 yards with a head shot out of it.

10. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

I've been pricing a adapter for use of Glock mags out of a regular lower. The only thing is it doesn't have last round bolt hold open.
    Torkmag G-Block Magwell Adapter Kit

Does the PSA AR9's have last round bolt hold open?

Ellis93 likes this.
  11. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Distinguished Poster

I probably have more fun shooting my AR-9s than any other gun I own; just say'n.

I have a colt mag AR-9 pistol and a Glock mag AR-9 carbine. The colt mag lower has last round hold open the Glock mag lower doesn't. But if you're a Glock fan then the Glock mag lower might be the way to go. The Colt mags are cheaper though at $20 for 30 rounders; Metalform brand which have been very reliable. The pistol has a 10" barrel which to me is the sweet spot. If you build or buy one you're going to go through a LOT more 9mm ammo; don't say I didn't warn you :)

12. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

@onlymaroonmatters

Which pistol buffers are the longest? I think I remember you saying some was longer than the rest of them. And are they all compatible with a blade brace?

fatgnome likes this.
  13. Ellis93

Mine doesn't

94LEVERFAN and rigrat like this.
  14. onlymaroonmatters

Laurel
    The PSA AR9s don't have last round BHO. Only negative I've seen with them. But price compared to ones that do it's a fair trade off.

The shockwave blade has a proprietary tube with indentations that fit the set screw in the blade. You can use it on a regular carbine tube but will just slide all way down to the receiver. I'm going to be swapping out some of my braces in next week if want to wait, will be selling what I decide to swap out.
    Midwest industries makes an extended tube to use with the rubber braces, makes LOP longer compared to standard buffer tube. It also allows OAL on a 10.5" barrel firearm to reach 26" I think so can put a vertical foregrip on it.

rigrat likes this.
  15. jakeg823

jakeg823 Distinguished Poster

Richland
    I haven’t seen a bad suggestion yet.

If you go the PSA AR9 route, they have their lower build kit with the new adjustable brace from SB tactical for not much more than the regular kit. Would make a sweet setup.

95 taco and rigrat like this.
  16. onlymaroonmatters

Laurel
    That's what I'm waiting on. Have had two on preorder for about a month. They Finally shipped last week.

94LEVERFAN, jakeg823 and rigrat like this.
  17. Phaetos

Phaetos Distinguished Poster

Depending on your fund, what about a solid 1911?

18. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Thanks got a Springfield GI last month in a trade. Pretty good in that department although I have thought about another.

94LEVERFAN and jakeg823 like this.
  19. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

I really would like a Ar9 pistol but I'm short right now so may have to shed something else and wait till I get back in from work. Got a couple 22 pistols I'm thinking about selling to generate the cash needed but sure hate to.
    Course I really would like to add another pistol since I got rid of one.

jakeg823 likes this.
  20. Henry Bowman

Henry Bowman Distinguished Poster

Always. Not a pistol but here is the AR9 I built for the step son's daily carry.
    20170803_184948.jpg 20170803_185158.jpg

95 taco, Quickeye, JohnDeere and 3 others like this.