Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
2,754 Posts
Good luck with that string and stick!

J.B.
It keeps me humble.

Sitting in a climber where you can see and smell the deer but can’t get a clean shot will fluster a saint. But when it all comes together, it’s all the more special. I’ve never killed a buck with the stick and string but this may be the season. Does ain’t super easy but by comparison to a buck seems like child’s play.

· Premium Member
3,822 Posts
4 point this morning. Nothing special but will make good steaks.

Was really wanting a hog but no such luck.
Here’s a pic. Not much to look at unless you can visualize steaks and sausage. I’m guessing he weighed around 120 lbs so should get 45 lbs of meat.

Attachments

· Registered
3,285 Posts
It keeps me humble.

Sitting in a climber where you can see and smell the deer but can’t get a clean shot will fluster a saint. But when it all comes together, it’s all the more special. I’ve never killed a buck with the stick and string but this may be the season. Does ain’t super easy but by comparison to a buck seems like child’s play.
I’m a bow hunting freak to brother. I totally agree…I seen several but nothing I really wanted…still got plenty of sausage from last year so…I bet this weekend will be good if the wind is right for your spot. Supposed to get down to the 30s…

· Registered
3,285 Posts
Really mature bucks are incredible animals…so hard to outsmart…they pattern us so much easier than we do them for sure…bow hunting is a patient man’s game for sure..couldn’t count the times I’ve wished I’d had my rifle …..but it so much sweeter when it finally works out for you with your bow…,and so does pope and young🤣

· Registered
2,754 Posts
I’m a bow hunting freak to brother. I totally agree…I seen several but nothing I really wanted…still got plenty of sausage from last year so…I bet this weekend will be good if the wind is right for your spot. Supposed to get down to the 30s…
Well I wacked one Friday morning, but it wasn’t ole big boy. I’ve replayed and replayed the shot and I can’t tell you what went wrong. I was comfortable calmed my nerves set my anchor point. I not even sure I consciously squeezed the release. I felt instant regret even before I saw where the arrow went. I was pretty wide and hit her in the hips and broke her spine. I had to dispatch her with my 9mm. I will continue to say that bow hunting keeps me humble.

· Registered
79 Posts
Got to get my eyes checked, cataracts are getting worse. When I first looked at my small laptop screen and read the title I saw "Beer Count" and immediately clicked on it, as I imagined this could be an interesting topic. Was somewhat disappointed to see (pun intended) I had misread Deer as Beer.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts