Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,969 Posts
Good luck with that string and stick!

J.B.
It keeps me humble.

Sitting in a climber where you can see and smell the deer but can’t get a clean shot will fluster a saint. But when it all comes together, it’s all the more special. I’ve never killed a buck with the stick and string but this may be the season. Does ain’t super easy but by comparison to a buck seems like child’s play.

· Registered
2,969 Posts
I’m a bow hunting freak to brother. I totally agree…I seen several but nothing I really wanted…still got plenty of sausage from last year so…I bet this weekend will be good if the wind is right for your spot. Supposed to get down to the 30s…
Well I wacked one Friday morning, but it wasn’t ole big boy. I’ve replayed and replayed the shot and I can’t tell you what went wrong. I was comfortable calmed my nerves set my anchor point. I not even sure I consciously squeezed the release. I felt instant regret even before I saw where the arrow went. I was pretty wide and hit her in the hips and broke her spine. I had to dispatch her with my 9mm. I will continue to say that bow hunting keeps me humble.

· Registered
2,969 Posts
It happens to everyone bro. No matter how many deer you stick and no matter how much you practice it’s just sometimes it doesn’t go where or how you planned. Great thing is at least you got the meat..👍🏻 Emmmm backstrap onions gravy and rice..😃
Yeah it’s not catch and release but it wasn’t the most merciful way to go. I knew the way she stumbled and staggered through the woods she was a goner so I went against everything I knew to be true and trusted my instincts, and climbed down and crept up to her. It was definitely more traumatic for me that way but I had to end her suffering. I’m just grateful it worked out.

· Registered
2,969 Posts
Wacked another one Friday it was a good doe carrying testicles. AKA a yearling buck. I usually don’t get fooled but he had a long nose, giant ears, long skinny neck. Acted like he had a fawn just behind him as was doing typical mature doe things. He snookered me😂. He’s gonna eat good either way.

· Registered
2,969 Posts
The buck I took yesterday was following a doe but not chasing per say more of a you lead the way thing. His neck was swollen up and his glands on his legs were wet and stinking out loud for sure. If it hasn't started it's about to.

LB
We’ve had 5 that were killed in the last 2.5 weeks that reeked and had swollen necks. I was very disappointed Friday when I went and hunted my little honey hole that had 3 buck in it in October and November. The squirrel rut was the only thing I could tell was on from that spot.

· Registered
2,969 Posts
Shot a doe on the public land Saturday, about 25-30 yards away, called it in with my phone using a youtube doe bleat it came in hot, and I caught it on the run, it dropped immediately and didn't get back up.
Lol we’ve done that with coyote calls a a Bluetooth speaker. It works and the speaker serves more purpose than just a call.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts