Mississippi Gun Owners banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

· Registered
3,285 Posts
Well I wacked one Friday morning, but it wasn’t ole big boy. I’ve replayed and replayed the shot and I can’t tell you what went wrong. I was comfortable calmed my nerves set my anchor point. I not even sure I consciously squeezed the release. I felt instant regret even before I saw where the arrow went. I was pretty wide and hit her in the hips and broke her spine. I had to dispatch her with my 9mm. I will continue to say that bow hunting keeps me humble.
It happens to everyone bro. No matter how many deer you stick and no matter how much you practice it’s just sometimes it doesn’t go where or how you planned. Great thing is at least you got the meat..👍🏻 Emmmm backstrap onions gravy and rice..😃

· Registered
2,754 Posts
It happens to everyone bro. No matter how many deer you stick and no matter how much you practice it’s just sometimes it doesn’t go where or how you planned. Great thing is at least you got the meat..👍🏻 Emmmm backstrap onions gravy and rice..😃
Yeah it’s not catch and release but it wasn’t the most merciful way to go. I knew the way she stumbled and staggered through the woods she was a goner so I went against everything I knew to be true and trusted my instincts, and climbed down and crept up to her. It was definitely more traumatic for me that way but I had to end her suffering. I’m just grateful it worked out.

· Senior Curmudgeon
879 Posts
I buy corn in bulk at the local COOP, 1000 lbs will fit in 3 drums. Last year it was $110/1000 lbs, this year it was $150/1000 lbs.

Reactions: Mesquite

· Registered
2,754 Posts
Wacked another one Friday it was a good doe carrying testicles. AKA a yearling buck. I usually don’t get fooled but he had a long nose, giant ears, long skinny neck. Acted like he had a fawn just behind him as was doing typical mature doe things. He snookered me😂. He’s gonna eat good either way.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts