Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is Desoto rifle and pistol club?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah. Had a guy tell me about the place and gave me a free Saturday shoot flyer. I'll have to check it out.

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
IMO, it's a very nice facility and on its' way up, both in membership and improvements. A lot has been done, and a lot more is being planned. Pretty sure it's going to be the premier range in the NW Mississippi quarter of the state (perhaps in the Northern half of MS), if it isn't already. I have a life membership there. Three pistol bays with high berms on three sides, a very large general purpose bay with 25-200 yards, and a 600 yard bay (again, all the range bays have high berms on three sides). There is generally a range officer there on weekends during prime hours. I believe a shotgun range is being planned, as well as graveling the general purpose range parking lot. The range has grown in facilities and membership fairly rapidly and is gaining a lot of interest. The adjacent property next door was acquired not long ago as well. Right now there are porta potties, but funds are being raised (via a special assessment of members that was approved at the last annual meeting in a vote) for something nicer in the near term (it's planned before the parking lot gravel or the shotgun range). It's not far off 55 from the Como exit, so it's convenient to get to for much of NW MS. I don't think I'm wrong on any of the details, but if I am, I'm sure someone here will correct me.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Yeah, we just got a mobile building and they are going to start on the pits for the 600 yeard range soon.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
miker84 said:
Yeah, we just got a mobile building and they are going to start on the pits for the 600 yeard range soon.
Happy days are here again!!!! F-Class matches that close to home! Are they planning to run NRA sanctioned matches?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts