Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the cheapest 1911 out there that isnt going to hurt my feelings if it gets banged up. :feedback:

·
Administrator
12,999 Posts
A Taurus :lol3:

probably the cheapest one you find. The more money you spend less you want to bang it around.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,122 Posts
A Rock Island 1911 is usually from $350-400 for the basic GI model. They are good 1911s and their customer service is great. Ivan, their sales manager, posts on the 1911forum all the time and will take care of anything you need.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I found a used RIA at mikes pawn shop here in tupelo for around 300 I checked it out and it seemed to be in good order...except for a kimber magazine

I dont know where you are or if your willing to make the drive. This was a few weeks ago so I would suggest calling first if you do plan on driving out here

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im around clinton so it would be a few hours. Im mainly trying to find one locally. I really dont care what kind of mags they come with. This is just a gun to have and not mind if it gets a little ding or mark on it. I just wanted to buy a cheaper 1911.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Its just a shot in the dark but they might do a FFL transfer for you since they are really good people IDK how much shipping would be or if it would be worth it...just a suggestion if you run out of options

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really appreciate it. I have a guy in Philadelphia Ms looking for one for me right now. I go up there alot so thats probably where I would have my best bet. Just trying to see if anyone had one locally.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually I havent. But the last few times I have ever been there they have been very rude. I dont think I would like to deal with them.

·
21,122 Posts
Irish said:
Have you checked Surplus City?

:lol3: He said inexpensive there's nothing inexpensive about Surplus City's gun prices...

·
21,122 Posts
The Norinco are good guns, lots of people like them and are in demand because they are no longer import them to the U.S. Wilson Combat used a Norinco 1911 for a base gun for one of their custom guns in the earlier 90's. All the parts will swap out with any other 1911. If you find one for a good price snap it up.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts