Mississippi Gun Owners banner

621 - 639 of 639 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,048 Posts
We had our traditional New Year's Day meal of hog jowls, black-eyed peas, cabbage greens, and ham hocks for lunch instead of supper today, since the wife has to work the 1 PM to 10 PM shift and won't be here for supper.

Jowl bacon on the new flat-top griddle.

·
Registered
9,625 Posts
Had ham, black-eyed peas, cabbage and andouille sausage for lunch and will repeat tonight for dinner! Can't take any chances with 2021! :whistle:

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #626
Went to the Jazz Brunch at the Scarlet Pearl today. Had the fried green tomatoes, banana stuffed french toast, breakfast potatoes, sausage, creme brulee, and a few flutes of champagne.

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #627
Went to Field’s in BSL last night. Pretty nice, except for the loud white chick two tables over. We did the Date Night Steak Night, their mashed taters are pretty damn good.

·
Registered
9,625 Posts
Just got back from Rotary...fried chicken, red snapper, Mexican corn, butter beans, greens, and pecan pie! Good eats!!

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #633
Went to The Rackhouse in Gulfport last night for the all you can eat Royal Reds. Note to self - don't eat the salad and so much bread next time, I was only able to eat about 4 plates. Got the Portabella Caprese for an appetizer. Those things are great!

Our Portabella Caprese comes on fresh portabella mushrooms roasted with herb butter, topped with a mozzarella cheese blend, basil and grape tomatoes. Finished with a balsamic reduction.

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #634
This was from Thursday night at Captain Al's for the Lobster and Shrimp for $25 special.

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #636
In my quest to get fat and go broke, we've been eating out A LOT lately. But damn, its good! No pictures, but had the cheese logs and a "stuffed" burger at Walk On's in Slidell yesterday. Quite tasty.

This was my Seafood Au Gratin Snapper from Half Shell Oyster on Friday night - Bronzed snapper topped with Gulf shrimp and lump crabmeat in a creamy blend of six cheeses. Topped with toasted Parmesan and herb panko. It was delightful! Also got the shrimp and crab dip appetizer, which was good (small portion, though). Apparently their Cajun Boiled Parmesan and Garlic Fried New Potatoes are so damn good, you sop up the leftover juice with your bread. :p

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #637
The wife really liked the strawberry mojito's at the Half Shell - that was her third, lol. The Old Fashioned my buddy had is what made me look for the Praline Liquor.

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #638
We met Randy, Jason, and the wives at Chimney's last night. The special was Tripletail with shrimp and lump crab meat, and garlic roasted new potatoes. It was also quite delightful!

·
Registered
471 Posts
This was my Seafood Au Gratin Snapper from Half Shell Oyster on Friday night - Bronzed snapper topped with Gulf shrimp and lump crabmeat in a creamy blend of six cheeses. Topped with toasted Parmesan and herb panko. It was delightful! Also got the shrimp and crab dip appetizer, which was good (small portion, though). Apparently their Cajun Boiled Parmesan and Garlic Fried New Potatoes are so damn good, you sop up the leftover juice with your bread. :p
the next time you are in Half Shell , try the blackened catfish orleans. Best thing on the menu.

621 - 639 of 639 Posts