Mississippi Gun Owners banner
861 - 880 of 887 Posts

· Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
14,427 Posts
I was wanting to get one of those smokers…how good do they work vs the pellet grill
Never had a pellet grill. Don’t like needing electricity. And like using cheap charcoal and wood. It’s stupid simple. No temp gauge at all on it. He researched and engineered it that way. Holds about 300*. It’s truly set it and forget it. And makes confirmed award winning bbq. And it doesn’t take up much room at all. It’s actually kinda portable.

· Registered
3,285 Posts
Never had a pellet grill. Don’t like needing electricity. And like using cheap charcoal and wood. It’s stupid simple. No temp gauge at all on it. He researched and engineered it that way. Holds about 300*. It’s truly set it and forget it. And makes confirmed award winning bbq. And it doesn’t take up much room at all. It’s actually kinda portable.
Nice I’ve been eyeballing them for a while…the electricity is what I want to eliminate myself..thanks for the info…yeah I use lump charcoal for everything else besides my smoker so it just makes sense…I watched cowboy Kent Rollins use it one time and have wanted one ever sense just haven’t pulled the trigger…

· Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
14,427 Posts
Nice I’ve been eyeballing them for a while…the electricity is what I want to eliminate myself..thanks for the info…yeah I use lump charcoal for everything else besides my smoker so it just makes sense…I watched cowboy Kent Rollins use it one time and have wanted one ever sense just haven’t pulled the trigger…
My idol Malcom reed - how to bbq right uses a drum regularly and during competitions. His has vent and is a little more adjustable temp wise. I like the simplicity of the PBC though. Get it going then just sit back and wait for probe alarm.

· Registered
3,079 Posts
All looks and sounds great. We will probably have soup….. again…..
I guess I can not complain though as I was recently able to sneak a McRib while I was out and about. I am pretty sure my wife knew though as eating at that restaurant always causes the McSh##s. But sometimes it is worth it. This was not one of those times. I quickly remembered why I quit eating there.

· Registered
13,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #880 ·
All looks and sounds great. We will probably have soup….. again…..
I guess I can not complain though as I was recently able to sneak a McRib while I was out and about. I am pretty sure my wife knew though as eating at that restaurant always causes the McSh##s. But sometimes it is worth it. This was not one of those times. I quickly remembered why I quit eating there.
I don’t care what anybody says - I like that McRib! No idea what its made from, and don’t care!

861 - 880 of 887 Posts