Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 21 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm new here I'll share with you fine folk my custom Ruger Mini 14 with a Shilen Target Barrel installed by Dixie Precision Rifles. I use it for fun target practice and hunting. Also the stock is a custom job by me, I installed a grip cap on the old birch stock, painted in a ebony tip, and marbled a red mahogany stain on it.

It comes with 2 sets of scope rings, two scopes, a few 20 round mags, and a few 10 rounders. All depends on what I'm using it for I can change it out to do different tasks.

Range time:

Hunting:

Custom Stock:

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
Best looking mini I have seen in a long time

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pertty rifle! I have a Mini-14 and a Mini-30 but I must admit I prefer my ARs to either.
Is there something wrong with your Mini's? I can help out with what ever problem you got with them, well the Mini 14 anyway. I have had zero experience with the 30

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Nice looking mini. Now, I'm an Army vet and a patriot, but I gotta ask, "what is the significance of the flag orientation?"

·
MSGO Court Jester
43,326 Posts
Nice setups.

·
Premium Member
10,892 Posts
Since I'm new here I'll share with you fine folk my custom Ruger Mini 14 with a Shilen Target Barrel installed by Dixie Precision Rifles. I use it for fun target practice and hunting. Also the stock is a custom job by me, I installed a grip cap on the old birch stock, painted in a ebony tip, and marbled a red mahogany stain on it.

It comes with 2 sets of scope rings, two scopes, a few 20 round mags, and a few 10 rounders. All depends on what I'm using it for I can change it out to do different tasks.

Range time:

Hunting:

Custom Stock:

NICE

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Nice looking mini. Now, I'm an Army vet and a patriot, but I gotta ask, "what is the significance of the flag orientation?"
Use to on uniforms you'd only have the one flag on the left sleeve. Then when the requirement came down to have one on right sleeve, the flag appeared to fly backwards, as if you are in retreat. So they had to reverse the design of the flag so that no matter which side you look at, it is going forward.

·
Rational Anarchist
14,944 Posts
Is there something wrong with your Mini's? I can help out with what ever problem you got with them, well the Mini 14 anyway. I have had zero experience with the 30
No, they're reasonably accurate and haven't malfunctioned on me or anything. I just like my ARs.
Best looking mini I have seen in a long time
Best looking one I've ever seen.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I love the Mini but can be pretty expensive to make accurate
Yeah, I did drop some change on that thing. I ordered the barrel last year from MidwayUSA.com for 230 bucks and I got Dixie Precision Rifles to install it for me for 90 bucks. Funny thing is, the Nikon scope cost more than the barrel lol

1 - 21 of 49 Posts