Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[/url][/img]
[/url][/img]
I haven't heard anyone here using a belt clip which to me is perfect. I can carry all day and not worry about printing even with a pull over shirt. If I decide not to carry in an area just remove side arm and not hassle with a holster. Fits under crimson traces with no effect on zero.

· Registered
16,202 Posts
Why would you do that to a Kimber!?!?!?!? I wouldn't ever use a belt clip but that's your prerogative...but for the love of all things holy, you take that off of that 1911!

That being said...Not only are they not aesthetically pleasing TO ME, but on a single action with a thumb safety(eg, 1911), the safety could easily become disengaged without a proper holster

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WTF!! That Kimber happens to be a depenable tool of the right size, Not something "Holy" to be idolized! If a bungie cord would work better I would use it. Of my presently 7 1911s, I have never had a safety "become disengaged" without my hand on it. Oh, but i'll be real careful not to shoot myself in case my gun goes rabid!

· Registered
210 Posts
I'm Kinda scared of beltclips after I talk to guy this weekend that shot himself in the foot with a kel tec 380 while using one. He said had it clipped into his belt. He was attemping to adjust his pants while walking and stuck his finger in the trigger guard by mistake. The guy seems like a very compitant person. To me it just seems like an accident that is waiting to happen.

I guess you're not suppose to use a beltclip with one in the chamber....but whats the point of CC if you have to rack one in the chamber before you can use your ccw??

· Registered
16,202 Posts
DieselDoc said:
WTF!! That Kimber happens to be a depenable tool of the right size, Not something "Holy" to be idolized! If a bungie cord would work better I would use it. Of my presently 7 1911s, I have never had a safety "become disengaged" without my hand on it. Oh, but i'll be real careful not to shoot myself in case my gun goes rabid!
Easy there jethro...was mostly just picking with you. Just because clips don't suit my tastes has nothing to do with whether or not you should use them. Which is why I emphasized "TO ME" earlier. If it works for you then by all means.

· Registered
210 Posts
DieselDoc,

I would have to say that you're pretty lucky if you CC a 1911 and havent had your safety accidentaly disengaged. I check the safety on my weapon pretty regularly through out the day and every once in while the safety will be disengaged. But I also have wilison's Combat ambi safeties on my pistols which may play a role.

· Registered
388 Posts
I'm in the process of using one now. After I get over the soreness on my right butt cheek, I might can make a rational decision on this. My thoughts are: You can't keep one in the barrel. It is thinner than most IWB holsters. You cannot re-holster with one hand. You could have a light on your weapon IWB without the holster. Although my insight tech light lense cap fell down my pants after testing it out. So: The only advantages I can come up with are if you have to take your gun on and off bunches of times a day, and you feel like you can rack the slide before the shooting starts. I'll keep trying this out before I give up on it. FWIW I got a G19 and its not working.

· Premium Member
14,287 Posts
Got one on my P3AT and i like it.
[/url][/img]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.