·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"This rule is intended to clarify that the statutory definition of machinegun includes certain devices (i.e., bump-stock-type devices) that, when affixed to a firearm, allow that firearm to fire automatically with a single function of the trigger, such that they are subject to regulation under the National Firearms Act (NFA) and the Gun Control Act (GCA). The rule will amend 27 CFR 447.11, 478.11, and 479.11 to clarify that bump-stock-type devices are machineguns as defined by the NFA and GCA because such devices allow a shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger. Specifically, these devices convert an otherwise semiautomatic firearm into a machinegun by functioning as a self-acting or self-regulating mechanism that harnesses the recoil energy of the semiautomatic firearm in a manner that allows the trigger to reset and continue firing without additional physical manipulation of the trigger by the shooter."

·
Blessed are the peacemakers
1,338 Posts
And Q the fudds saying “it’s OK, they’re stupid anyway.” Or “give them a morsel so they’re satisfied”.
Idiots.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And Q the fudds saying “it’s OK, they’re stupid anyway.” Or “give them a morsel so they’re satisfied”.
Idiots.
Yep, ignore the fact that they (DOJ & ATF) just make stuff up as they go and turned millions into felons overnight (estimated 1 million+ bump stocks have been sold)

·
Registered
17,599 Posts
It hasn't been published in the Federal Register yet, so it's not technically in force until then. TTAG apologized for jumping the gun on this.

·
Premium Member
6,813 Posts
"This rule is intended to clarify that the statutory definition of machinegun includes certain devices (i.e., bump-stock-type devices) that, when affixed to a firearm, allow that firearm to fire automatically with a single function of the trigger, such that they are subject to regulation under the National Firearms Act (NFA) and the Gun Control Act (GCA). The rule will amend 27 CFR 447.11, 478.11, and 479.11 to clarify that bump-stock-type devices are machineguns as defined by the NFA and GCA because such devices allow a shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger. Specifically, these devices convert an otherwise semiautomatic firearm into a machinegun by functioning as a self-acting or self-regulating mechanism that harnesses the recoil energy of the semiautomatic firearm in a manner that allows the trigger to reset and continue firing without additional physical manipulation of the trigger by the shooter."
But they don’t do that:bs:

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
23,143 Posts
BREAKING: DoJ Rules That Bump Fire Stocks Are Now Machine Guns, Fall Under NFA Regulation - The Truth About Guns

By their own definition, it's still not a machine gun though... Idiots. But doing what they were told by the Trump administration. Here we go, just more gun control from Republican administrations, same ole same ole.
By Trump administration you mean just Trump, the pro 2nd and gun rights President.;)

“Bump stocks, we are writing that out. I am writing that out,” he said, addressing a group of state governors at the White House. “I don’t care if Congress does it or not, I’m writing it out myself" - Donald Trump

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
By Trump administration you mean just Trump, the pro 2nd and gun rights President.;)

“Bump stocks, we are writing that out. I am writing that out,” he said, addressing a group of state governors at the White House. “I don’t care if Congress does it or not, I’m writing it out myself" - Donald Trump
Yes that “pro 2a” trump.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Binary and high speed triggers, foregrips, competition slings, Shockwave and Sig pistol braces, etc, etc, etc up next. Its a slippery slope than ends with either Civil War 2 or heretofore innocent gunowners, now overnight felons who refuse to comply, in Ruby Ridge type standoffs.
Coupled with Democrats attempting a soft coup and the proposed parts ban, this country is in deep doodoo.
R.I. P. Lady Liberty, it was a nice run. :(

·
Registered
17,599 Posts
H
Binary and high speed triggers, foregrips, competition slings, Shockwave and Sig pistol braces, etc, etc, etc up next. Its a slippery slope than ends with either Civil War 2 or heretofore innocent gunowners, now overnight felons who refuse to comply, in Ruby Ridge type standoffs.
Coupled with Democrats attempting a soft coup and the proposed parts ban, this country is in deep doodoo.
Has everyone forgotten this little piece of MS LAW that was passed a couple years ago? Was part of HB 786, but is now MS Code. :)

Miss. Code Ann. § 11-65-1

§ 11-65-1. Enforcement of certain federal laws, orders, or rules prohibited.

No federal executive order, agency order, law not enrolled by the United States Congress and signed by the President of the United States, rule, regulation or administrative interpretation of a law or statute issued, enacted or promulgated after July 1, 2016, that violates the United States Constitution or the Mississippi Constitution of 1890 shall be enforced or ordered to be enforced by any official, agent or employee of this state or a political subdivision thereof.

·
Premium Member
27,265 Posts
Agree. See also/related:

Stricter gun laws did not prevent California shooting

Are Antis Trying to ‘Nullify Second Amendment by Regulation?’ - Liberty Park Press

Time to put our " '2A-friendly' Trump Administration" (and his Acting AG and Solicitor General) to the test … in federal court. JMO. YMMV.

This quote may also be appropriate to the upcoming ATF/DOJ rule on bump stocks:

Text Font Human Adaptation Photography

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
You found it before I did! Thanks.

Would that make Mississippi a "bump stock sanctuary state" … if anyone in Mississippi owned/possessed a bump stock, that is?
I'd say it depends on the mood of the Governor and the Attorney General. Don't forget, our Mississippi constitution defines marriage very plainly. None of our hired help lifted a finger against the federal government when they forced something contrary on us. I'm not getting my hopes up.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
23,143 Posts
H

Has everyone forgotten this little piece of MS LAW that was passed a couple years ago? Was part of HB 786, but is now MS Code. :)
Haven't forgot but it will be a cold day in hell before Mississippi takes a stand on bump stocks.

Reactions: Jarhead5811

·
Registered
17,599 Posts
That doesn’t stop the feds from enforcing their laws.
Your right, it doesn't. It just stops them from using State assets to assist them. Which puts a serious crimp in their ability to enforce. In this particular issue, there is no enforcement method that has been included as regards individually owned bump stocks. That may have changed in the final rule, but we won't know until it is published in the Federal Register - which we won't see until they find their Round Toit. ;)

·
Premium Member
27,265 Posts
I'd say it depends on the mood of the Governor and the Attorney General. Don't forget, our Mississippi constitution defines marriage very plainly. None of our hired help lifted a finger against the federal government when they forced something contrary on us. I'm not getting my hopes up.
The "what'll be next?" 2A-wise is what concerns me.

All of this: Binary and high speed triggers, foregrips, competition slings, Shockwave and Sig pistol braces, "high capacity mags", "more guns than one person 'needs'", "more ammo than one person 'needs'", 'armor piercing rounds', +P rounds, body armor, etc.

Green Text Font Logo Poster

1 - 20 of 36 Posts