close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Donald Trump’s Best Friend - Not a Trump Bashing Thread, I Promise

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by jakeg823, Feb 12, 2018 at 8:14 PM.

Tags:
  1. jakeg823

jakeg823 Distinguished Poster

Mention in another thread about freaky things you see at Walmart, and Disney World, reminded me of an exceptionally interesting day at my last job. The day I was lucky enough to meet the man claiming to be Donald Trump, Sr’s best friend. This was a year or so before DJT announced his candidacy, so it was an exceptionally off the wall experience.

I was doing unclaimed property(money, stocks, bonds and the like) for a state agency in downtown Jackson, and being the only guy in the UP division I was always the one lucky enough to assist people that came in to file a claim, or just to see if they happened to have anything, since we were downtown, and there wasn’t much of a filter between us and the crazies. People would drive hours, thinking we had a vault of cash that we could just give them their claim from. I had daily letters and phone calls from some of the nicest people I’d ever met, and the next call would be from the craziest and/or meanest person I’d ever met.

One day a white guy in his 50s/60s came in, probably homeless, but clearly crazy. Nice guy, but unbalanced for sure. He’d clearly not bathed in weeks, and had chewed his fingernails down halfway through the nail bed. I sat down with him at an office we had by the reception desk so we didn’t have to let anyone in the back where any sensitive info and files might be.

He proceeded to tell me that he was Edward Jones’ ~great great grandson, therefore ALL of the stocks and bonds held by the state of Mississippi, and in the entire country, were in fact his. So I searched for Edward Jones, and there were plenty in the system, whether individuals or businesses, so I told him, but also that we were required to have legal documentation to link him back to the names in our system. He obviously didn’t have any of that. We went back and forth for a while about it.

He kept insisting that I print him off a list of everything we had so he’d know exactly what was his. Which obviously, I couldn’t/wouldn’t do.

Finally he says something to the effect of: “well it’s like my friend Donald, Trump that is, always says, ____ you’re so lucky to be as rich as you are, but still be anonymous. I would love to have that kind of wealth and no one know who I am.” He went on and on about what great friends they were and had grown up together, since the Trumps and Edward Jones were such good friends.

At this point I’d been hemmed up in this tiny office with him for about an hour and a half, and had told him nothing appeared to be his a thousand times and encouraged him to leave as politely as I could. So needless to say I was looking for a way out. He mentioned a list again, and it occurred to me that we had a newspaper insert we had put out the previous year with basic info, so I told him that and excused myself. I made the receptionist come to the back with me, just in case he started wandering.

I got the paper for him, called Capitol Police from my desk making sure to tell them he was calm and not a threat, but wouldn’t leave. I went back to the office and gave him the paper and encouraged him to head on out. About that time 3 Capitol Police showed up. One lady officer I saw every morning spoke with him and convinced him that she was just there to make sure he found the right place, and made up and excuse to get him to walk out with them. He left still babbling about DJT and said he would just go try his luck at the AG’s office next.

After he left, I called the AGs office so they could notify their security.

About 20 mins later, the lady officer came back up to check on everything and get details for whatever report because they’d kicked him out and were planning to ban him from the building. We spoke for a bit and as she was getting ready to go, she starts laughing and says “oh yeah about halfway down the elevator he realized he wasn’t going to get to come back up...he said to tell you that he would be calling Mr. Trump about how he was treated today.”

To this day, still no word from The Donald...my luck, I’ll see the crazy guy on tv sitting front row at the next state of the union.

2. SubGunFan

SubGunFan Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Jackson
    Better you than me............................... handling those nut-cases.

jakeg823 and Jarhead5811 like this.

3. Jarhead5811

Jarhead5811 Rational Anarchist MSGO Supporter

Damn, I’m glad I don’t work with the public.

para40, jakeg823 and SubGunFan like this.
  4. jakeg823

Not anymore, thankfully. Even before I left, I’m pretty sure I was becoming a liability. The pay:crazy ratio was not adding up and my patience had worn thin, so a while before I found my current gig, they moved me to another division, dealing directly with banks. Not much of an improvement, but at least I only had a handful of people to deal with.

Academy was almost as bad, but at least the discounts and getting to handle guns all day made it tolerable.

maxhush and Jarhead5811 like this.
  5. scott511

scott511 Distinguished Poster

True story here
    During the election, I believe even before Trump was nominated, I was sitting in a dentist's office waiting room and Fox news was on. There was an older (probably mid sixties) black gentleman sitting there. He asked me if I thought Trump would be a good president. I said I would vote for him and if he was elected we'd see. He said there was no way in hell he'd vote for him. He said Trump was a very nice guy and helped everyone that he could, but he didn't think Trump would make a good president. This guy pulls out an ID badge from Trump Tower in Atlantic City. He worked for Trump for 40 years and actually became very good friends with him. He was the building maintenance manager. He told me a story that after he retired, Trump actually kept in touch with him, and during a phone conversation, he remarked to Trump how the windows in his house needed to be replaced. He said that 2 weeks later, Trump himself was at his house in MS actually overseeing a project to replace the man's windows and at no cost to him.
    I don't know if there's any truth to that, but it would be weird to make something like that up.

maxhush, SubGunFan, BasMstr and 4 others like this.
  6. senilking

senilking Distinguished Poster

Pontotoc
    Lol, weirder things have happened.

Actually sounds possible considering he definitely was not trying to turn you into a Trump supporter. I kind of wish I had some way of getting to know each of the presidents without the political filter just to compare it to the public appearance they all have. Everything's so politicized that there's no way really to know if they should be considered the next saint or need an exorcism.

Jarhead5811 and jakeg823 like this.
  7. Jarhead5811

They’re just people. The only ones I find interesting are the ones from one hundred-fifty to two hundred years ago, before the federal government became all powerful. We actually don’t too know much about them.

jakeg823 likes this.
  8. As a (now retired) LearJet charter pilot, I had the assignment of flying Gov. Mike Huckabee around the South for about three weeks during his presidential campaign. His wife Janet, daughter Sarah H. Sanders (current WH press secretary), and campaign manager Ed Rollins accompanied us on most of the trips.

I can tell you that the Huckabees and Mr. Rollins are the most approachable, considerate, down to earth people you could ever meet.

For example, Gov. Huckabee would always unload his luggage from his car and carry it to the plane, and vice-versa. He insisted on doing this. Trust me, that is the exception, not the rule, when it comes to VIP passengers. I would like to think that Gov. Huckabee's background as a Baptist Minister has something to do with this.

maxhush and Jarhead5811 like this.
  9. jakeg823

I always liked Huckabee. May not always agree with him, but he seems to be a legitimate good guy. I remember when he was on Leno during his 2008 presidential campaign. They talked about governor’s mansion in Arkansas being renovated during his term. Instead of spending some obscene amount every month on a rental mansion, like you can bet some would do, he opted to live in a triple wide trailer.

DEADEYE 1 and Jarhead5811 like this.
  10. Jarhead5811

I too like Huckabee. We agree on almost everything. We only disagree on government’s role.

The idea of a governor, of any state, living in a trailer, even a fancy triple wide, is awesome. You know there’s a redneck in Arkansas somewhere that gets to brag that the governor used to live in his trailer.

maxhush and jakeg823 like this.
  11. jakeg823

He was my pick in 2008. I still wish he’d have gone the whole way instead of McCain, just to see what would’ve happened.
    They talk about it around the 4 minute mark:

Jarhead5811 likes this.
  12. maxhush

maxhush Distinguished Poster

NW MS
    Here's the only thing I can fault you for...why would ya warn the Hood, rather than buy popcorn and wander on over that way? :D

Jarhead5811 and jakeg823 like this.
  13. jakeg823

Hindsight is 20/20

Jarhead5811 and maxhush like this.
  14. DEADEYE 1

DEADEYE 1 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Over my life time I have had the chance to meet and work for some people that were very well off.
    Most all were and are decent, likable, good people. I would imagine that the Trumpster would be likable to the working class on a private basis.

Jarhead5811 likes this.
  15. jakeg823

There’s a lot of people in my life that I’m on opposite ends of the political spectrum with, and don’t agree in other aspects either, but still manage to get along with very well.

So yeah, I’d imagine he’s a cool guy to know. The people that have stuck by him, whether on the same side of the aisle or not, really seem to think a lot of him.

Jarhead5811 likes this.