close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Donald Trump is the Establishment

Discussion in 'Round Table' started by Q-Tip, May 1, 2016.

1. Q-Tip

Q-Tip Distinguished Poster

"Thank John Boehner. To fight Obama on these and other progressive priorities would have required exploiting Congress’s constitutional authority, particularly the power of the purse. Boehner and other GOP leaders were given this power because voters believed their promises to fight. Empty promises. While Boehner was surrendering, Donald Trump was backing him to the hilt: a staggering $100,000 contribution to the Congressional Leadership Fund — Boehner’s super PAC, formed largely to fend off conservative primary challenges against GOP establishment loyalists. It should be easy to remember that number, $100,000. It is the same amount Trump gave to the Clinton Foundation. That’s even more than the $60,000 Trump gave to Kentuckians for Strong Leadership, the super PAC of Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell (along with a $5,200 contribution to McConnell’s reelection campaign). It was McConnell, of course, who handled the Senate end of the budget surrender that Obama praised for reflecting “our values” — meaning two years of his values, paid in full by the GOP-controlled Congress."

"Understandably furious at GOP leaders, Trump fans swoon to the charlatan promise of a fortress wall that will never be built, much less paid for by Mexico. Meanwhile, it doesn’t seem to register with these voters that Trump is promising to give legal status to millions of illegal aliens after temporarily deporting them. If we had a responsible media, this would surprise no one. In just the last three years, Trump has tweeted in apparent support of the Gang of Eight immigration bill (the same one that advocacy for which killed Rubio’s campaign) and has urged giving illegal aliens a “path” to legal status — and Trump was willing to grant this “path” under the express but exaggerated assumption that the illegal-alien population was 30 million (it is more likely 11 million, nearly three times less). Moreover, in 2012, Trump described as “maniacal” and “crazy” a proposal to enforce the immigration laws in a manner that incentivizes illegal aliens to “self-deport.” Yes, only four years ago, the guy who now says he’d round them all up and deport them was complaining that merely pressuring illegal aliens to leave on their own was too “mean-spirited.”"

Trump Would Press the Agenda That Drove His Voters from the GOP, by Andrew C. McCarthy, National Review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    Blondie70 likes this.
  2. and he gave them the money while he was a businessman

that is called doing bidness, and buying favors.

i see nothing wring with it what so ever, you posted a HO HUM!!!

he gave money to both sides.

IF, was a political figure at the time, It would raise eyebrows

deadhead likes this.

3. Q-Tip

I'm sure that he is totally trust-worthy now that he is has become a politician instead of a businessman.

chris_k, 95 taco and Blondie70 like this.
  4. captain-03

captain-03 Moderator Staff Member MSGO Supporter

Byram, MS
    My Criteria -- Anyone but H.Cinton!!!!!!!!!!

5. only man I know of who is completely trustworthy was Jesus Christ
    They nailed him to a cross for it.

i dont really give a rats ass if he is completely trustworthy.
    He, In My opinion, Is a hell of a lot more trust worthy than the lie telling SOB Cruse and the psycho biatch carley.

4 mths ago, she was calling cruse a liar, a crook and could not run a bath with out F=in it up.

NOW,,,he is the best thing on the earth...TRUSTWORTHY???

they are BOTH liars

deadhead, 94LEVERFAN, rigrat and 2 others like this.
  6. Q-Tip

I'd rather not turn this into a Cruz vs Trump thread. There are plenty of other threads for that.

Trump has flopped on every single issue conservatives are concerned about. He's totally flipped around on healthcare and education in the last 6 months. He supported government healthcare (we"re going to take care of everybody") on 60 Minutes in September, lied about that support in a later debate, then told CNN last month that the 3 primary roles of government are security, healthcare, and education. It's not that he isn't completely trustworthy, but that he is not trustworthy in any form whatsoever.

95 taco and Blondie70 like this.
  7. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

8. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

So what do you call it, as neither is trustworthy. 1 is a career politician having been in politics since college, and the other a businessman that goes with the money. Sounds like they are same , same but different.

CajunBP, fordpkup and para40 like this.
  9. LOL yeah, reminds me of Elvis when asked about Priscilla

I treat her like a sister, only different

rigrat, CajunBP and fordpkup like this.
  10. I will vote along party lines, who ever of the 2

i will not vote for hillery or bernie

rigrat, rebel4ever and fordpkup like this.
  11. Q-Tip

I trust all of them more than Trump because none of them, even Romney in 2012, has changed stances as many times as Trump has.

We haven't even touched on his calling for war crimes in killing spouses and children of enemies. He's promising to use abuse his executive authority in ways Obama never thought about.

How about the numerous affairs he's bragged about? At least Bill Clinton understood it was something to be ashamed of. On that alone, I can't vote somebody who is that open about their total lack of moral judgment and character.

None of the candidates are perfect and have done some questionable things with less than honorable tactics. I get that. But Trump goes far, far beyond what the others have done. At best, he's a total narcissist who will cause long term harm to the Republican party. At worst, he's playing for the other team.

95 taco likes this.
  12. rebel4ever

rebel4ever I'll Play Dixie If I Want To MSGO Supporter

We will be hosed no matter who is elected. They all lie to get elected, and there is no punishment for it. Money and power will rule whoever gets elected and we will not matter. One is a for sure liberal(Hil) and I couldn't swear to you what the others are. But one of them will be king, or queen, and we will be screwed, take it to the bank.

Hoot G, 45flattop, phillipd and 3 others like this.
  13. Leonidas

Leonidas Resident Mushroom (know what they say) MSGO Supporter

And if you think Trump identifies with the masses, Google: Trump eminent domain.

Bringing the police power of the state into play against people who stand in his way.

chris_k likes this.
  14. Leonidas

Leonidas Resident Mushroom (know what they say) MSGO Supporter

Remember the last "businessman savior cult" that gave us 8 years of Billary.

He was a megalomaniac as well.

chris_k likes this.
  15. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Do you hear what you are saying? You trust Hillary and Bernie more than Trump? All I can say is wow to that one.

Bill Clinton understood it was something to be ashamed of ? Was that before or after he claimed he had not had sex with her? Even though he unzipped his pants and pulled it out for her?

You are right none are perfect by far. And you don't have to worry about Trump doing long term harm to the Republican party they have already done that themselves. Look at what the Republican party did in Ms when accepting money from a devote Democrat to get Cochroach re-elected. Or have you forgotten about that low down dirty underhanded play by the Republican party.

Well doesn't matter we all have who we like and don't.

Hoot G and fordpkup like this.
  16. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

This.

And this is the truth also.

phillipd, fordpkup and frodo like this.
  17. TRUMP 2016

Build me a wall,,,,,

deadhead, fordpkup and rigrat like this.
  18. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

LOL, I kinda doubt that will happen but never know.

19. Hrdnox

Hrdnox Distinguished Poster

I think us trump supporters just want change, good, bad, or indifferent. He says the things we think and would like to hear said. Can he get anything at all done? Dunno, but he's gonna be a darned sight better than the last two, even if he's an utter failure. I realize he's just as FOS as the rest, but I like what he says and for some strange reason hope he goes all the way. If he makes us better, more power to him, if he brings the country to it's knees, well, most of us believe it's headed that way anyway, so it'll be hard to place all the blame with him. I think we all share in some of that, weather we meant to or not.

Leadburner, para40, mascott and 2 others like this.
  20. 94LEVERFAN

94LEVERFAN Distinguished Poster

I am voting for Trump. If the establishment Rinos screw Trump out of this nomination, I will WRITE HIM IN. CONSEQUENSES BE DAMNED.

phillipd and rigrat like this.