1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,120 Posts
Fires 2 rounds with each pull of the trigger. Doesn’t that qualify as a machine gun? Therefore not legal except for law enforcement and military?
Good question but a Double bbl shotgun will fire 2 rounds with each pull of the triggers, it's not considered a machine gun.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,349 Posts
Fires 2 rounds with each pull of the trigger. Doesn’t that qualify as a machine gun? Therefore not legal except for law enforcement and military?
My first thought as well. But article says it isn't by the ATF. It's a "firearm" of the "pistol" type. Seems like that would be super fun to explain in court after using it for SD.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,120 Posts
Shotgun has 2 triggers. Those double barrel ar15 and 1911s that are intended for sale to the public have 2 triggers also I believe.
Might just be because the number of cartridges fired with a single pull of a triggers doesn't matter, to be qualified as a machine gun it has to keep firing with one pull of the trigger?

Reactions: Mesquite

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Next, we’ve seen this question pop up on social media: “Would the ATF consider the S333 a machine gun because of two shots with one trigger pull?”

The answer? No. We spoke directly with the good people at Standard Manufacturing, who said, “The S333 is not subjected to the NFA provision because it does not meet the ATF definition of a ‘machine gun.’ It is, however, defined as a ‘firearm’ of the ‘pistol’ type.”

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Next, we’ve seen this question pop up on social media: “Would the ATF consider the S333 a machine gun because of two shots with one trigger pull?”

The answer? No. We spoke directly with the good people at Standard Manufacturing, who said, “The S333 is not subjected to the NFA provision because it does not meet the ATF definition of a ‘machine gun.’ It is, however, defined as a ‘firearm’ of the ‘pistol’ type.”
E01E4A42-96F6-4B6A-9E9B-7701BA56CA4D.png
When the ATF consults their interpretation device again next month it may be an illegal machine pistol.

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
looks better than a poly ruger or poly toreass. too bad 22mg is a waste in such a short barrel.

it has 2 triggers, they just on top eachother :) gots to have 2 hammers.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,349 Posts
looks better than a poly ruger or poly toreass. too bad 22mg is a waste in such a short barrel.

it has 2 triggers, they just on top eachother :) gots to have 2 hammers.
Good point about two hammers. Or it's just one big one. Trigger looks like paintball trigger.
Maybe since it's technically one shot not one back to back. And it doesn't fire automatically. But I'm no agent soooooo

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
I think it is arguable that the trigger on top of trigger takes two fingers to pull, one pull each finger.

so if you want an ar that burst get 3 barrels and 3 fingered trigger :) see what the alphabet soup says.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts