Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We decided to try a test run and had 3 shooters. Fun time and learned some info for a possible future match.
Results:
Geaux68: CZ452-2E / Sightron 24x / Wolf MT : 540-7x
G1D: CZ452-2E/ TruGlo 32x / Wolf MT : 528-7x
BigSig: Ruger 10/22 / Simmons 4x/ Rem bulk:453-1x

We all had a blast shooting the COF. Will post pics tomorrow if possible.

· Premium Member
21,635 Posts
Great!! It is a lot of fun!!

Would like to see us hold some shoots throughout the state each month ... maybe even some postal matches ...

Looking forward to some pictures ..

· Premium Member
21,635 Posts
Let us know what worked and what did not work so well ... we are still in the learning stage!!

· Registered
2,479 Posts
I will say this: if you are interested in this field of shooting, spend the money for a good scope. I shot a stock Ruger 10/22 with a fixed 4 power scope and bulk ammo. My crosshairs completely covered the x,10, and 9 rings! Ammo caused a few issues, but minor.
This is fun and inexpensive intertainment for the whole family.

· Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see I need some more practice and I might have found a use for a new rifle too. Shooting yes. Midway $25 or $50 your choice. Thinking a bi-pod instead of bags too.
I will submit to our club board and when approved, this will probably be a monthly match for us. If there is interest down south, let me know by PM or we can start another thread. Savage mk II might be in future or CZ Varmit.

· Registered
8,196 Posts
I definitely prefer the bipod over bags! I tried the bags first, then got the bipod. Actually, SGMJody gave me my bipod.

It is the $42 bipod from Walmart. It is Winchester I believe. I don't know how well it would do on high power, but works great on rimfire.

· Registered
1,414 Posts
bigsig said:
I will say this: if you are interested in this field of shooting, spend the money for a good scope. I shot a stock Ruger 10/22 with a fixed 4 power scope and bulk ammo. My crosshairs completely covered the x,10, and 9 rings! Ammo caused a few issues, but minor.
This is fun and inexpensive intertainment for the whole family.
I know what ya mean with the scope. I think we may be changing out Miss Hammers scope soon for her to shoot these matches.

· Premium Member
21,635 Posts
G1D and I have been talking .... want to keep the rules and COF as uniform as possible and trying to make sure our match dates are not on the same day. I always need a good excuse to pull my boat to the coast!!

G

·
Mrs Hammer - There's no better time than now to get Miss Hammer a more powerful scope. I just got another scope for my Kimber and removed my BSA 6x - 24x. If you would pm me with an address, I'll send the BSA to Miss Hammer so she can see the x ring at 100 yards. No charge for the young lady.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.