close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Drivers license required to buy a gun?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Expat, Feb 12, 2014.

1. senilking

senilking Distinguished Poster

Pontotoc
    Bought pocket knives all the time from Wal Mart growing up. My wife's 6 months older than me and during that time when I was "under age" but she was allowed to buy one, they actually refused to let me even look at and handle one. I'm sitting there with one clipped on my pocket not knowing there was even an age limit and I had to get them to hand the knife to her so she could hand it to me. The employee just walked away. I understand there are policies and whatnot, but there were a lot of things going through my head that I just communicated through my looks at the guy.

2. Daniel R. Dudley

Daniel R. Dudley Full Poster

I work for a Pawn Shop and we require a drivers lic that is good and the address must be the same on the form and the lic. If you have permit we do not run a background check, but you must still have to have that DL. If you are military with an out of state lic you have to have a copy of your orders. On a hand gun you must have (in our case) a Mississippi DL or State ID to walk out with the handgun now I can sell it to you if you are from another state we just have to ship it to an FFL dealers where you live. Now long gun as long as your state touches Mississippi or across the river you can buy and leave with your gun. We have been told this by the ATF and the state. One this to remember Pawn Shops are regulated by the State Banking Commission where a gun store is not. So if you want to find out what the State laws are it will be under the State Banking Commission.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018 at 11:55 AM