Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure how many DSRP members actually read these threads....

We are exploring some range improvements.Specifically, we are looking at covered firing lines on the GP range and a potential clubhouse relocation.

Officer nominations were held and and voted upon. (I narrowly avoided being appointed) :lol4:

The sporting clays operation appears to be up and running too.

Gunsite will be having a class this fall at DSRP. This is one of the best classes available and I strongly encourage anyone who can swing the fee to get in on this. I'm trying to figure out a way to do it.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jbpmidas said:
Thanks for the update!! Any news on the 1000 yard extension?
I don't know about that, but I'm sure that Will will chime in. It wasn't specifically addressed at the meeting.

·
Registered
44 Posts
1000 yard extension is still on the agenda for sure. I can't say exactly when just now, depends on the renewals that come in (which sets how much money there is to work with). It was not specifically set as a 2013 item to be done though, so it's still tentative for action.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Miker not a member but can nonmembers attend the gunsite class and how much is it? The when would help me too. I gotta make plans 6 months out

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey BigDaddy, I'll jump on that question since I'm still looking right now. :)

On this page, check out the info on the Gunsite tab.
http://www.desotogunrange.com/training/

It's $1750 total, $500 deposit to secure your place. Class is open to all eligible students (public or Club members, just need to be able to meet the ITAR requirements for citizenship.) We need 10 to run the class, 4 are in right now and I know of at least one 1 more that has said they're coming but not made a deposit. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bdq , if you can possibly swing it, get in on that gunsite class. It is once in a lifetime. I'm scheduled to be traveling for work that week but if I can shuffle things I'll be there.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey Guys,

I shot the steel challenge this weekend and couldn't believe the water on the GP range. I can't ever remember it getting that way since the range opened. On a side note, I also shot a round of sporting clays. I'm hooked on it, it's allot of fun and if you haven't tried it you should. Seems like a bunch of good guys running it, I had a blast.

Paul.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts