Dues

Discussion in 'Magnolia Rifle and Pistol Club' started by cottonmouth, May 13, 2020.

1. Rw

Rw Distinguished Poster

I have been a member for at least 6 years and i cannot get anyone to answer emails either.
    Still no sign of my new id card for this year either. Going to be looking for alternative places to shoot soon, nobody at magnolia seems to know what they are doing anymore or how to even reply to email.. Wish i still had the club presidents cell number.

jakeg823 likes this.
  2. Xd357

Xd357 Administrator Staff Member

Bolton
    Your not the only one. As I’m in the same boat. Still no reply

3. cottonmouth

cottonmouth Distinguished Poster

There should have been an extension with all the mess that's going on. I went on and sent mine in, if they want me as a member they'll cash it.

J.B.

Henry Bowman likes this.
  4. dzavoina

dzavoina Distinguished Poster

The existing membership cards are still being used, only new members will receive cards. They don't expire annually because they have a chip inserted to open the gate, if you're not a member they can disable your chip from opening the gate. This was discussed at the membership meeting and in the letter with the dues notice.

Dave

dhollis51 likes this.
  5. Rw

Rw Distinguished Poster

I was not at the meeting, had to work and as usual i did not get the renewal packet. That is 2 years in a row. Eds only response last year was well it was mailed. He was quite rude about it and he will not reply to any emails this year. I am in contact with another board member who is looking into it.

6. jakeg823

jakeg823 Distinguished Poster

Florence
    My father-in-law received a new card, and he’s been a member. Also, Ed says mine was mailed out at the end of April(but I haven’t received it), so at least some people are getting new cards.

7. Rw

Rw Distinguished Poster

Supposedly Ed mailed mine the 18th. I’ll believe that when I have it in my hands. I passed on what you said about yours

jakeg823 likes this.
  8. jakeg823

Florence
    Heard back from Ed. Looks like they sent my badge to my old address. We moved last May. If anyone has moved in the last year and hasn’t received a badge, you might want to check with him.

FWIW, I put my current address on my form.

cs700 and dhollis51 like this.
  9. dzavoina

dzavoina Distinguished Poster

The cards are not membership cards, they are emergency contact cards. Last year there was an incident where a member got hurt and the range safety officer didn't know who to contact from the members family that there was an incident.

jakeg823 likes this.
  10. Rw

Rw Distinguished Poster

That is exactly why i kept my previous id on the same lanyard. That was a brilliant choice by the board to remove emergency contact info.

jakeg823 likes this.
  11. jakeg823

Florence
    Got mine yesterday.

12. NavyChief

NavyChief Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I received an e-mail from the club secretary. The membership deadline is still open. He said to send in your check at the normal renewal price and it will be accepted. PM me your personal e-mail and I can forward his response to you.

13. cottonmouth

cottonmouth Distinguished Poster

I was contacted by him yesterday, thanks Chief!!

J.B.

14. Rw

Rw Distinguished Poster

Ed now has Jake and myself mixed up, the club obviously needs new records keeping methods and tech literate board members. This is 2020, not 1980.

jakeg823 and cs700 like this.
  15. cs700

cs700 Distinguished Poster

Finally started getting a few emails from the BOD secretary. Got one 2 days ago that stated matches are resuming & the schedule is on the club website. BS. As usual nothing has been posted on the club website but one BOD board meeting minutes in 2019. As usual another waste of the club's money.

jakeg823 likes this.