Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find a small concealable revolver with the easiest double action trigger. She has an EZ380 but doesn't really like it. Before that a Bodyguard she really hated. I think a bobbed or shrouded hammer would be best. Any one have a recommendation?
Thanks,

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
+1 on the LCR. I love my LCRx in 38

Reactions: Mesquite and rigrat

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
The Trigger on my Ruger lcr isn't too bad. Not gritty, smooth and consistent. It's super light. So a little snappy but not too bad. Be better with reduced recoil loads like hornady that's geared for women.
Wife has a ruger lcr also. Good gun. She may sell it and get a m&p shield. She loves her full size M&p and likes to have extra mags. :)

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,364 Posts
Ruger LCR in 357 is a lil heavier due to some metal in frame so recoil would be diminished some and would give flexibility on what you could shoot in it.
True. Though the 357 model is larger than the 38. Either one is not a range gun and wouldn't be burning through boxes of ammo at the range. Now the longer barreled lcrx I might shoot more each range session, but wouldn't consider it small and concealable as OP stated.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,063 Posts
Don't care for a LCR or LCRX the back of the frame is not solid attached to the grip frame. Considering a Charter Arms, S&W or a older Rossi for my daughter. She told me tonight she preferred the revolver over the auto's.

·
Premium Member
14,334 Posts
Don't care for a LCR or LCRX the back of the frame is not solid attached to the grip frame. Considering a Charter Arms, S&W or a older Rossi for my daughter. She told me tonight she preferred the revolver over the auto's.
EAA Windicator cross your mind? I’ve got about 300 rounds of 357 ran thru my snub trying to get “sorta” accurate with it lol
No hiccups yet.

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
Any good smith can do a trigger job on any S&W J-frame or any of the copies of them easily and both smooth and lighten the pull. Pick the configuration you want, open hammer, shrouded hammer, or concealed hammer and have your favorite gunsmith do a basic trigger job on it.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,063 Posts
Glock’s slide rails are not a solid part of the poly frame either. Considering that it’s a Ruger and if you ever have an issue they will fix it, I wouldn’t be too concerned
Are you really comparing a semi , ( None of which the slide are hard attached to the frame) to a revolver to which all but the LCR/X and the old top breaks are attached to the frame? I mean how does the Glock and the LCR/X revolver compare really?

I tell ya what get your Glock grab it by the front top of the slide and slam the grip into the ground hard in a forward to rear motion. Then try the same with the LCR/X and see if you don't break the fire control housing. Not a big chance you would fall backwards and do this holstered but there is a chance and if you do more than likely it will break.

Besides who in there right mind doesn't solidly attach a aluminum frame to the grip portion of the revolver?

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,063 Posts
EAA Windicator cross your mind? I’ve got about 300 rounds of 357 ran thru my snub trying to get “sorta” accurate with it lol
No hiccups yet.
I know I have, but I'm considering everything for my daughter.

Any good smith can do a trigger job on any S&W J-frame or any of the copies of them easily and both smooth and lighten the pull. Pick the configuration you want, open hammer, shrouded hammer, or concealed hammer and have your favorite gunsmith do a basic trigger job on it.
^This^

·
Registered
16,136 Posts
This is only pic I have of my wifes 3" Smith (60-10, pre-hillary hole), but you can see how it compares to a .22mag LCR size wise. In fact the Smith is actually a bit smaller in width and fits looser in the LRC molded holster I have. Great trigger, excellent carry piece.

Reactions: rigrat

·
Registered
10,480 Posts
Are you really comparing a semi , ( None of which the slide are hard attached to the frame)
Don’t get so upset it was meant as a joke. Besides I said slide RAILS on a Glock were not a solid part of the frame not the slide itself. Any window licker could knows the slide itself isn’t or it wouldn’t function.

Obviously a metal frame is stronger in both semi and revolver but poly is typically strong enough. If it was such a huge design flaw why did S&W do the same thing with their Bodyguard 38? I highly doubt anyone would fall in such a manner and break the FCH/grip off, maybe if you fell down mountain, in which case you would have bigger issues. However, if it were to happen, Ruger would fix it.

Let’s not side track the mans thread, which simply asked which gun had the best double action trigger. In my experience, OUT OF THE BOX with no modification, other than a Performance Center tuned S&W, that’s the LCR.

If you want to have a trigger job done, get most any small frame revolver S&W, Charter or even Taurus and go to town.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,063 Posts
Not upset, but trust me it is easier to do than one might think. Hard to read sarcasm in typed words.

And no Ruger will not fix it unless you pay for it.

In response to the question which has the easiest trigger pull?

Do you want to know DA trigger pull?

I would agree the LCR, followed by S&W, then Taurus and Charter.

Best SA out of the box to date has been my Charter bulldog 45 colt. and the older S&W revolvers.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
I have a Ruger LCR, a stock J-frame, and a tricked out, smoothed out, bobbed mdl 10 that she is welcome to try. Since it is all relative to HER, she needs to try before she buys. Or at least pull the trigger on a few. My wife really likes the custom mdl the best, followed by the LCR. Cannot do well with the stock J frame.

Reactions: Redlick83

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,063 Posts
I have a Ruger LCR, a stock J-frame, and a tricked out, smoothed out, bobbed mdl 10 that she is welcome to try. Since it is all relative to HER, she needs to try before she buys. Or at least pull the trigger on a few. My wife really likes the custom mdl the best, followed by the LCR. Cannot do well with the stock J frame.
The mdl 10's are a solid choice.

·
Registered
10,480 Posts
Considering Ruger has the best customer service in the business, they’d fix it. They might charge a little especially if you purposely beat it against the ground causing the break. However, I have known several instances where an old worn out gun was purchased cheap and sent back to Ruger who went thru the pistol and repaired it at little to no cost.
Definitely get her to try several before buying.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts