Mississippi Gun Owners banner

Easter is 1st weekend in April

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  45man 
#1 ·
What do ya'll do for that? I won't shoot on Easter Sunday, too many family things going on.

#4 ·
With the grandkids - I hope!!

#12 ·
Thanks for the info. Rbelote, I'll stay in the wading end for a while until I get used to everything. First shoot had me so pumped it was a blur but everyone was friendly and helpful. 'Neck recommended I get ahold of Cliff and that is advice I would pass on to anyone getting in. Be about a week before I get my hands on that 34. Thanks to you guys I got a belt, mag holders and holster from Tom (great guy, lived up to everything ya'll said). Got a few other things to get but the most important is practice.

#14 ·
I just spoke with John and he has talked with Scott who is charge of the Steel program. They have worked out a deal to move the USPSA match scheduled for Easter Sunday to the day before, Saturday, April 3. It may be a sort of combo match with a steel stage or something to that effect. They are working on the details, but there will definitely be a classifier for those that need another one and some other USPSA stages. Should be a fun match. For those that prefer shooting on Saturdays, here's your chance for what should be a good one.

#15 ·
Thanks Bryant. I should be able to make that and would look forward to see other forms of match shoots.
Just waiting for that joker to get back in town with my 34, got everything else. Probably be the first time I can shoot it (ready made excuse). But I really want to shoot a match before May or I'll be asking for directions to the range by then.

#17 ·
Received the following email sent out tonight on the Team Magnolia mailing list. I will update this thread again Wednesday for those not on the list.

Hi Guys,

Turns out the first Sunday in April is actually Easter Sunday, which doesn’t seem like the best day to try to put on our last match before the Classic in May. I spoke with the Renegade Steel Sheriff and his Deputy who have a steel match scheduled for Saturday the 3rd, and they have graciously offered to share the range with us on Saturday. We’re still debating exactly how we’re going to structure it (mostly USPSA stages, mostly steel, all USPSA, etc.) but we hope to finalize the plan by the end of the RO work session on Wednesday night. No matter what we decide, I can guarantee that we will have a USPSA classifier stage in the mix so, if you need one more before May, this is the one for you.

John

#18 ·
We're going to talk about it Wednesday night at the work night meeting to hammer out exactly what format we shoot. Because this is the last USPSA match in Byram before the Magnolia Classic, we are going to do whatever we can to make it a USPSA match. Like many others, I will be with family on Easter Sunday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.