Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is another first for me working with such a large area of overlay. Elephant is a bit of a pain to edge properly! Another maker great with vintage/period reproductions approached me late last summer about doing something more modern for him and we worked out a trade for this beautiful elephant hide. It will get a matching 5" 1911 MP-1 before getting delivered to it's happy new owner!

·
Premium Member
20,392 Posts
My GOSH! That is beautiful!! Can this be done in brown like my old belt? And how much?
scott

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mascott said:
My GOSH! That is beautiful!! Can this be done in brown like my old belt? And how much?
scott
Thanks for the compliments Scott! Know you got my message on the rest :)

·
Premium Member
13,187 Posts
Beautiful!!! I think that's my favorite of all the ones you've posted.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
22lrfan said:
Beautiful!!!  I think that's my favorite of all the ones you've posted.
Thanks Marty! The elephant has a really nice natural beauty to it, that will wear well over time. Sure comes with a premium though unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dmel75 said:
I need one of these for a small J-frame Smith!
I know a guy!

The J-frame holster was actually a practice piece for me but the customer liked it so much, he went out and bought a 640 for it last weekend. Finished the 1911 side of the rig and that's all she wrote. Super happy with this one for a first try.

·
Premium Member
20,392 Posts
Boy! I need that belt!
scott

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mascott said:
Boy! I need that belt!
scott
Running under the August special.... :)

I want one........ *drools*
It can be arranged...  :thumbup: 

2DARK2C said:
have you done any caiman/gator/faux gator?
I've messed with the faux enough to know it's real stuff or bust. Belly is easy to work with I haven't messed with much of it or any horn back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts