Ensign Z has checked in, sends his best

Discussion in 'Pictures in General' started by Scharfschütze, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

Unser Leutnant zur See (Ensign Zinke) lässt grüßen:
    IMG_1479.JPG

maxhush, Cliff731, rigrat and 7 others like this.
  2. SubGunFan

SubGunFan Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Jackson
    Sailing into a STORM........

Cliff731 likes this.

3. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

Yup probably. I told him, photos like this, just like videos of Iranian torpedo boats approaching, should NOT be sent to both me AND momma...he sees a beautiful sunset, momma gets a few more white hairs.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    maxhush, Cliff731, rigrat and 6 others like this.
  4. para40

para40 Sr. Curmudgeon MSGO Supporter

Lamar Co.
    Prayers for the son.
    And the family that will worry about him.

Cliff731, rigrat, deadhead and 3 others like this.
  5. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

Thank your sir. We have reason to believe we might have him home again in about 2 weeks. We shall see. The powers that be have their own plans, to which we are not privy.

6. dhollis51

dhollis51 Distinguished Poster

Awesome pic. Glad he’s doing good.

maxhush, Cliff731, rigrat and 2 others like this.
  7. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

Mothers and wives always worry - it's in their DNA. The son of a friend is attached to a Marine FAST company, last I heard he was over in Africa someplace. She worries when she doesn't hear from him and when she does.

FAST: Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team

8. Mesquite

Mesquite Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Hope he's able to make a Home(port)visit for you'll.

Cliff731 and rigrat like this.
  9. Cliff731

Cliff731 Danged ole' Hermit...

Nothing a good ship and crew cannot handle... :101010::101010:

rigrat likes this.
  10. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

Our son likes hanging out with the FAST company Teufelhunde. Says they basically hang out, carry cool weapons around the ship (of course he gets to check out the cool toys:rolleyes:) about 98% of the time, then go into full bad*ss mode when doing a drill or real alert. Sounds like my kind of job. Maybe 40 years ago...

rigrat likes this.
  11. Vick

Vick Distinguished Poster

Looks like he's having a good time! Don't worry 'bout that storm...a boat that size can take it! I've sailed into similar looking storms on much smaller boats many times and enjoyed it greatly...I regularly race on a 34' sailboat and am usually put on the helm in storms 'cause I like heavy weather sailing! It's just a matter of trusting your boat and trusting your skill!

22lrfan and rigrat like this.
  12. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

Most people don't know about the regiment, but they've been around in one form or another since 1920. The latest designation and mission profile occurred around 1987 and in '98 manpower was reduced for a few years. They've been building up recently for obvious reasons.

Here's a little recent news about them (Dec '17): Marine units standing by to reinforce embassy security after Trump's announcement