Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1C15F0D5-3430-4CD4-AB9F-EEAE532E3F6E.jpeg
A3C7C8EA-8965-4BBA-83D9-CCC5DBD5BB14.jpeg
ED28D1FC-65F1-4FF0-931E-8E0014F26EC7.jpeg
E33BEAA1-DAB3-4739-9DEA-DDEC3BAC01C7.jpeg
466E4BB4-84EA-463D-BF67-33D5ACBB3C25.jpeg
Pick this up at coast Pawn Shop a few weeks ago. A lot of back and forth before I got them down from 499$ to a number I could live with. I told them since it was built I was taking all the risk. Owner said it fired and would guarantee it. Good guy. When I got home it fired but on third round ever time the hammer would only come down half way. You tube said adjustable trigger was not adjusted right. And you tube was right. Ran 14 rounds thru it today no problems. Love these old guns. Had colts grips on it. But I changed them out

·
Glad to be here
1,080 Posts
My dad had a similar gun. In the late 70s/early 80s he picked up a couple of old Essex frames from a pawn shop in Hattiesburg. My grandfather had a bunch of 1911 parts in a coffe can in his shop (he worked on guns at Camp Shelby while in the NG) and with those frames put together two fully functioning pistols. My dad used one on the job and my uncle has the other.

Nice find and glad it works as it should!

·
Registered
9,625 Posts
Essex made good frames...I've built several guns on them including a couple for Practical Pistol matches. I liked their lightweight aluminum frames, too, for carry guns.

·
Super Moderator
13,395 Posts
Hey ump are you coming to the Laurel show? I’d love to see this if you are. I’m curious as to wether or not it’s a Forest Davis gun. He made a ton of 1911’s on Essex frames. His are easy to identify. This one probably isn’t one of his unless the customer supplied everything but the frame and grips, but I’m still curious

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey ump are you coming to the Laurel show? I’d love to see this if you are. I’m curious as to wether or not it’s a Forest Davis gun. He made a ton of 1911’s on Essex frames. His are easy to identify. This one probably isn’t one of his unless the customer supplied everything but the frame and grips, but I’m still curious
i bring it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts