Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some input on the Sig Sauer P365. My daughter reported doing some pracice shooting this weekend with her Springfield XD-E I bought her and we took our Enhanced class with. She sent me a picture of the welt under her eye where she got hit with a casing. They were trying to go down her shirt/neck at the training. Don't need her flinching or afraid to pull the trigger for fear of getting injured by her own gun. Tried to get her to hand it over to me to trade in, but she's stubborn and sentimental. It represents something we did together and was a gift from me to her and she doesn't want to part with it, but wanted something smaller several weeks ago, and now this. The P365 is the best replacement I can find after a month of research. It is over an inch and a half shorter than the XD-E, and almost half the weight. Trigger is great, too, which has cost several models the gig. Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
10,549 Posts
Don't own one, but have shot a friends gun @ range , it shoots very well, felt good. He's had No issues with the gun.(the P365)
A little curious, though about daughter getting hit in face by a ejected rd? Was it never a problem, untill her last outing?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Like Sigfan, I replaced a 250C with a 365 for my EDC and I love it. I have over 1000 rounds through it without any problems. The only issue I have is my wife is trying to take it from me. May let her have it and I can get me a new one!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't own one, but have shot a friends gun @ range , it shoots very well, felt good. He's had No issues with the gun.(the P365)
A little curious, though about daughter getting hit in face by a ejected rd? Was it never a problem, untill her last outing?
It was slinging them all over her when we took the class. As far as I know, none left a welt on her face, though.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
I have a P365. GREAT gun. It replaced my g43 and 48. After a bud shot my 365 he said he grouped better with it than his g43 and g34. He had to have it. I bought another...shot equally well with it...and let him have the one he shot.

I highly recommend it. I had a P365xl as well but found the P365 better suited my needs.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Sounds like an extractor/ejector tuning may be needed

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was torn between the 365 and the hellcat. I went with the hellcat and shooting it next to my g26 the hellcat has less felt recoil. I even tried my g26 with my xgrip on a 17 mag and the hellcat still wins. Sure you could not go wrong with either hellcat or sig.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I went to purchase a Hellcat . After holding the 365 I got it instead . I ring steel plates all day with it at 20 yards . Everyone I have let shoot it is impressed by it . It shoots like a “big “ gun . It’s the only compact or subcompact I have had that I feel like I could be competitive In a USPSA match . I’m interested in the 365 XL also but I don’t like carrying bigger guns .

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Btw I got the tac pack , comes with 3 12 rd mags and a pretty good holster . It’s iwb or owb . I don’t use it for carry but I will throw it on owb when I’m squirrel hunting and stuff .

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I love my 365 XL, mine replaced my beloved M&P shield that I swore I would never part with. I shot a friends 365 and loved it, but did not get one cause I was happy with my Shield. That lasted for about 2 weeks then I had a 365.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts