Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago I was debating between the Bergara B-14 HMR and the Remington 700 SPS-AAC. I ended up going the route of the 700 simply because of price and the fact that I don’t really care for the Bergara stock despite its benefits. I read all about the problems that plague Rem700’s, but decided to take the risk. After a couple range trips, I have found some factory ammo it likes and think that my decision was well warranted. The picture is pretty good representation of my group sizes using factory FGMM 175 grain. I post this only to dispel some of the rumors surrounding the Remington 700.

I’m using a Sig Sauer Tango 4 4-14x with MOA Reticle. The rifle is sitting in a Magpul Hunter stock and I went ahead and installed a Timney Calvin Elite.

Attachments

·
Nocturnal Specialties
7,343 Posts
I've got the same rifle but bought it back in 2008? When they first come out.

Used it a bunch in 600 Yard F-class before they closed the range.
I had good luck with 175 smk in Lapua brass with Varget and CCI BR2s.

I steer clear of new Remingtons tho. Got bunch of shooting buddys that bought new (2012+) 700's that were plagued with issues and several spending more time riding in the UPS truck than actually out there shooting.

One was bad enough we couldn't chamber a factory 308 round. We tried 7 different brands of ammo too. Dunno how they test fired it at the factory??

One had the scope base threads so far off center you could see it from the corner of your eye.

Barrel in one 243 had a blank skip in riflings. It shot horrible as you could imagine.

I'm sure they let a few good shooting ones slip thru their QC haha. I lost all faith in them.

I'm really glad yours shoots that good!
Have you tried it at distance yet?
I forgot my drop for 600 yards. It was alot more than my drop chart said but it shot good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The most I’ve taken it out to is 300. It was stacking hits on steel then, but I’m interested to see what it will do past that distance.

·
Nocturnal Specialties
7,343 Posts
The most I’ve taken it out to is 300. It was stacking hits on steel then, but I’m interested to see what it will do past that distance.
Is the barrel slick yet? I want to say it took mine almost 150 rounds before it stop grabbing copper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts