close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fall camp n fish

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by canebreaker, Aug 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DEADEYE 1

DEADEYE 1 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Myself and some of my buddies used to rent a campsitre for the weekend up in the Delta on Federal land. We would cook, eat, hunt Fox Squirrels and spend some time with our kids before they got grown. I went several Octobers back in the early 2000s. I don,t know where those 15-17 years have gone and the time from then to now.

2. CajunBP

CajunBP Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I have a bow...

3. Mesquite

Mesquite Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

You mean there's a area Not 6in deep in rain :eek:

4. canebreaker

canebreaker Distinguished Poster

The rain this last week went to the south of me. I got to run my wipers 3 times in 5 miles at 40 mph. Got a good rain today, I'll check the gauge tomorrow.

My last tent camping trip was at the same site about the same time of the month. We camped wednesday through sunday that time. The whole week we could kick dust without trying. There was a burn ban too. Saturday night after dinner I carry my chair and a few drinks to another site to BS until bedtime. Rain is in the forecast and we watch the light show as it gets closer. I wait until we feel drops before walking back to the tent. I have the steel framed chair over my head and I hear hail. I sat the chair down and got in the tent just as the bottom drops. The wind is blowing good at this point and I can't see Debbie in the bed. The tent is standing, but laying down across the bed. I stand there holding the tent up with water above my ankles racing across the floor. I'm hearing all kinds of noise at the front of the tent, don't dare to step out in the dark, it can wait til morning and crawl into bed when the wind gives up.
    The tent is set up with the rear next to the camp host who isn't there at the time. I have a canopy over the front door with a tarp covering it all. 2 tables are under the canopy, one on each side. One is for coffee and cooking. The other is a catch all. 2 nights and all is fine. The host shows up and at night their site looks like a high school football field on game night. I add another tarp to block the lights.
    Sunday morning I find the canopy rolled up with both tables in the mix almost neatly tied with all of the extension cords. It took about an hour to locate the coffee maker and all needed to brew a pot on the picnic table. Then start packing up to head home.

Mesquite and fordpkup like this.
  5. canebreaker

I don't have a place like other Meet N Greets have been held in the state. This is the best I can do unless we meet at my house to cast bullets and BS.

Mesquite and phillipd like this.
  6. canebreaker

I forgot to post yesterday. I dumped 9/16" of rain from the gauge.
    It's been raining or misting most all day. Cock the gauge to the side a bit to see a drop.

Mesquite likes this.
  7. Mesquite

If not for obligations that week your going, it sounds like fun. The other catch is our Grandson HS games. :yeah:

8. Mesquite

Do need to get Tent,gear out for inspection :cool:.

9. canebreaker

Know about that.
    Grandson has rifle comp somewhere, got to find out dates and locations. I think I heard Batesville and Brandon.
    I'll miss my granddaughter's games, they are monday, thursday evenings and saturday mid day.
    I'll miss another grandson's games, they are tuesday, thursday evenings and saturday afternoon.

fordpkup and Mesquite like this.
  10. canebreaker

I checked the rain gauges this morning, 1/16" at the house and 3/32" at the garden at 9 am, didn't dump them out. Storms knocked out Directv for most of the day. For our travels today the wipers were on. I checked the gauges before coming back in at dark. 3/16" at the garden and 1/8" at the house.