close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fanny Pack Recomendations

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by sand_man, Jun 18, 2017.

1. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

Being as I will be in a wheelchair for who knows how long, I've been looking at fanny packs to use for concealed carry. I need one that offers secure carry and fairly easy access to my handgun. I'll mostly be carrying my CA 44 Bulldog until I get to wring out my Ruger LC9s. I looked at one that could hold both and thought long and hard on it. I would also use it to hold my wallet and other things I usually carry in pockets. Room for a mid sized knife would be nice. I can find ones that will work but if you have experience with one I would like to know about it. I need one that has a 50" belt. It seems my only other option is a shoulder holster.

mascott and fordpkup like this.
  2. fordpkup

fordpkup Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I've tried a shoulder holster and didn't like it. Gave it to a friend. Fanny packs I know nothing about.

3. 2DARK2C

2DARK2C Distinguished Poster

I wore a tommy's gun pack for several years riding a mountain bike. rugged and fast once you get the hang of it.

4. 2DARK2C

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  5. CajunBP

CajunBP Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

If you could find a way to strap a holster or pouch to the inside of the wheelchair and cover it with something...would that work okay?

Mesquite and BasMstr like this.
  6. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Or just keep a small towel in your lap.

Mesquite and Ellis93 like this.
  7. Xd357

Xd357 Moderator Staff Member

Edwards
  8. Xd357

Xd357 Moderator Staff Member

Edwards
    On a serious note I'd think cross draw would be the fast draw setting down.

Mesquite likes this.
  9. Ellis93

Ellis93 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Nothing says comfort like a 44 resting on your thingamabob lol

10. 41 fan

41 fan Distinguished Poster

11. onlymaroonmatters

onlymaroonmatters Hold my beer, watch dis MSGO Supporter

Yeah
    Awesome. Though need good brakes or one on both sides or else would just spin you around lol

Xd357 likes this.
  12. sand_man

Thanks. I'll be looking at these tomorrow.

13. PWB

PWB Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Over the years I've gone through several fag bags to tote a small firearm, keys, and occasionally a wallet in while walking...most turn out to be cumbersome or were to small to be of any use, at least for carrying a handgun. I found this one a couple of months ago and it seems to be working out OK so far. I can carry my Glock 43, keys and a cell phone while going on my daily walk. I use to never carry a firearm while walking. Other than an being annoyed by a stray dog now and then, I've never felt threatened to the point I needed that level of protection in my neighborhood. However, the demographics have shifted over the years, and now there is a more noticeable level of riff raff present.

Amazon.com : Concealed Carry Pistol Bag - Black Gun Concealment Fanny Pack - Fits up to 50 in Waist : Fanny Packs For Concealed Carry : Sports & Outdoors

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  14. 2DARK2C

the best part of the tommy's gun pack is the quick access. it is almost as fast as drawing a holstered weapon. grab buckle(really a fake buckle) pinch and pull. that action opens the gun pocket by pulling 2 zippers.

15. Vick

Vick Distinguished Poster

Sandy, I like simplicity...I'd just slip it between my leg and the side of the chair and, if necessary, cover it with a rag. When getting into a car, transfer it to your pocket or the door pocket or to the floor of the car before moving from the chair...your body and the car door will shield your movements from onlookers.

16. sand_man

My motorized chair had no sides. I have the seat and arm rests. My manual chair has sides but the seat is narrow so there is no room between my leg and the side. This is why I was thinking of a fanny pack.

Mesquite likes this.
  17. fordpkup

fordpkup Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

For ease of use, I put mine under my left leg with grip out toward right leg when driving.