Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple favorite guns I like to shoot. I recently bought a Marlin 1894 CB chambered in .357/.38 special that has iron sights that is quickly becoming a favorite to shoot. It’s a brand new and purchased a few weeks ago. I’ve been working up hand-loads for it and I really like to shoot 158 gr powder coated lead bullets behind L’il Gun powder with no leading for .357. I am really impressed with the fit and finish of the new Marlin. For my favorite handgun, I like to shoot my Ruger GP100 .357/.38 special. I like to load it with 158 gr lead bullets behind Universal powder shooting .357. It makes for a good round for range practice.

What are some of your favorite guns to shoot?

·
Chief cook and bottle washer
1,410 Posts
I got my grandpaws old S&W model 10 love to shoot it, even used it to take my ccw course, got some odd looks but that only lasted till the shooting was over, this old gal can put those wad cutters right where you want them to go!
Also have a savage fox double with single trigger in .410 was 8 or 9 when I got it for my birthday, treat it like family and best friend combined.
It’s shot and killed everything from a giant garden spider to deer and all in between.

·
Deplorables Battalion Commander
26,129 Posts
I'm not really an AR/long rifle guy, but it would be a standard Ruger AR-556 pistol.

Favorite handguns: CZ 75 Compact; Glock 43X; and HK VP9. All in 9mm. SAR K2-45 for more punch.

Those are usually what I rent and shoot when I go to the indoor gun range … ;)

·
Registered
9,406 Posts
I got my grandpaws old S&W model 10 love to shoot it, even used it to take my ccw course, got some odd looks but that only lasted till the shooting was over, this old gal can put those wad cutters right where you want them to go!
Also have a savage fox double with single trigger in .410 was 8 or 9 when I got it for my birthday, treat it like family and best friend combined.
It’s shot and killed everything from a giant garden spider to deer and all in between.
I know about those odd looks...I took my course with an S&W Mod. 24 4" .44 Special with stag grips and a grip adaptor. The instructor questioned why I cocked the hammer on the first round of fire and I said "you said slow-fire. I proceeded to shoot just as small a group on the next round shooting double action. Nobody questioned my choice of guns after that.

Favorite handgun: many in .357, .44 Special, and .45ACP; most carried: .44 Special stainless Charter Bulldog.

Favorite rifle: a lot I like, but my favorite is either a custom 6.5x55 Swede or a custom commercial Mauser actioned .257 Roberts.

Favorite Shotgun: Yadiz 12ga. over/under with an nicely silvered and engraved action...present from my wife.

Favorite House Gun: 12ga. Remington 1100 with an 18.5" barrel.

·
Blessed are the peacemakers
1,122 Posts
I enjoy all of my guns but for rifles it's gotta be a tossup between my "built" 10/22 and my SBR AR 15.
IMG_6569.jpg

And for handguns it's a tossup between my M&P 40 or my P320 with the tungsten grip.
IMG_6103.jpg

IMG_6181.jpg

·
Deplorables Battalion Commander
26,129 Posts

·
Blessed are the peacemakers
1,122 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a couple favorite guns I like to shoot. I recently bought a Marlin 1894 CB chambered in .357/.38 special that has iron sights that is quickly becoming a favorite to shoot. It’s a brand new and purchased a few weeks ago. I’ve been working up hand-loads for it and I really like to shoot 158 gr powder coated lead bullets behind L’il Gun powder with no leading for .357. I am really impressed with the fit and finish of the new Marlin. For my favorite handgun, I like to shoot my Ruger GP100 .357/.38 special. I like to load it with 158 gr lead bullets behind Universal powder shooting .357. It makes for a good round for range practice.

What are some of your favorite guns to shoot?
That's cool, I just bought an older marlin 1894 JM model. It is a sweet shooter. dandy lil rifle.
I am just now working up some loads for it. Bought some 158 HPs an have some longshot.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Oh, and the pistol I like to shoot with it?? A Cimarron / Pieta colt copy 357 it is sweet.
even has the colt patent on the side. :) 3lb tuned trigger

·
MSGO Court Jester
35,161 Posts
My S&W model 13, 25, 65, 629, M&P Pro .40, 2.0 .40, Kimber, Colt, Para 1911, SA XDM. And my Ruger Mini-14, Gunsite Scout, Socom 16, PSA .350 Legend, Sig 516, Marlin model 783, 60, Guide gun,.

Ask a silly question, get a silly answer. It's like asking which child is your favorite. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 45flattop
1 - 20 of 23 Posts