Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
9,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would try a box of this (it ain't cheap). 29gr flat-nosed nickel-plated lead core bullet, supposedly 1080 FPS out of a handgun, 1600+ FPS from a rifle. The high velocity + flat nose, as well as what is basically a FMJ is touted as giving superior penetration and power so as to make it suitable for home defense. Sounds like it might be ideal for those who have difficulty with centerfire calibers.
I haven't had the opportunity to test it yet, any out there have experience this?

· Registered
1,476 Posts
I have some. Keep it in the LCP in 22LR I have in my car's door panel. Never shot anything alive with it though.

Reactions: whoflungdo

· Registered
9,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have some. Keep it in the LCP in 22LR I have in my car's door panel. Never shot anything alive with it though.
I might have to engage one of the many armadillos on the property as a test subject. I'm usually asleep by the time they come out to um, aerate my lawn.

· Registered
20,921 Posts
I might have to engage one of the many armadillos on the property as a test subject. I'm usually asleep by the time they come out to um, aerate my lawn.
They'll probably do just fine. I've used the 32grn CCI Stingers (1640fps advertised) on dillo's in the past with good results out to around 75 yds. Last time I bought a box ( 2017 ) they were $8. Don't know what they cost these days, but probably double that.

· Registered
9,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They'll probably do just fine. I've used the 32grn CCI Stingers (1640fps advertised) on dillo's in the past with good results out to around 75 yds. Last time I bought a box ( 2017 ) they were $8. Don't know what they cost these days, but probably double that.
These were $10.95 from the LGS but they're always a bit higher than a national chain such as Academy. But the employees there know me and have made me deals. One disadvantage to that is if I walk in and there are a lot of people, they get me drawn into the discussion as a "firearms expert" on whatever firearm is in question. :rolleyes: So a 5-minute visit turns into 20 or 30 minutes...

· Registered
1,676 Posts
Thought I would try a box of this (it ain't cheap). 29gr flat-nosed nickel-plated lead core bullet, supposedly 1080 FPS out of a handgun, 1600+ FPS from a rifle. The high velocity + flat nose, as well as what is basically a FMJ is touted as giving superior penetration and power so as to make it suitable for home defense. Sounds like it might be ideal for those who have difficulty with centerfire calibers.
I haven't had the opportunity to test it yet, any out there have experience this?
It gets some interesting reviews. I have the 22 magnum offering in my NAA Wasp revolver.

· Registered
1,676 Posts
My mind is in the gutter. I did not read that as it was typed... jus sayin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts