close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Feds remove MS Flag

Discussion in 'Round Table' started by GunnyGene, Apr 21, 2016.

1. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

Well, I reckon it's gettin' close to telling the FedGov to FO. Thanks Bennie, you jackass. :mad:

deadhead, bar306, Blondie70 and 3 others like this.
  2. maxhush

maxhush Distinguished Poster

NW MS
    Does that mean they've let us leave the Union?

Quickeye, Blondie70, rigrat and 5 others like this.

3. GunnyGene

Unfortunately, no. It's purely symbolic, but does indicate some considerable disrespect. :mad: I wonder how they'd feel about the Big Muddy being shut down to Federal traffic?

4. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I'm quite sure they would allow the Islamic flag, or lbgt flag

deadhead, Quickeye, bar306 and 6 others like this.
  5. Cliff731

Cliff731 Danged ole' Hermit...

Nothing in that article included above surprises me given who owns and controls the media and our government... and the national obsession with political correctness nowadays.

The "PC police" are punishing us... i.e. - The State of Mississippi.

Quickeye, bar306, Blondie70 and 8 others like this.
  6. SLBcmtr

SLBcmtr Got to get to the cabin

Need to start hiding your money ... reparations is next.

:warning:

7. mascott

Reparations are happening NOW!!! They (liberals) will not stop, especially when everyone gives in to their every demand.

8. maxhush

NW MS
    "Reparations" have been happening since at least LBJ and it just keeps accelerating in it's voracity for the contents of our wallets. I always figured the "reparations" were paid in full with countless lives and blood over 150 years ago...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  9. rebel4ever

rebel4ever I'll Play Dixie If I Want To MSGO Supporter

If they take the Mississippi flag down they need to take them all down, we do not need to be discriminated against. We have rights. Discrimination works both way's. We pay federal taxes.

deadhead, Quickeye, SLBcmtr and 4 others like this.
  10. rebel4ever

rebel4ever I'll Play Dixie If I Want To MSGO Supporter

If you are not black or a fag, or a combination of the two, you are screwed.

Quickeye, SLBcmtr, bar306 and 5 others like this.
  11. GunnyGene

Only if you allow it.

12. Cliff731

Cliff731 Danged ole' Hermit...

There is no common sense in Washington D.C. anymore... just politicians solely intent on their own reelection... who will pander and whore their souls for a vote... and the bureaucrats who fill the inevitable lackey role in doing the bidding and whims of their bosses.

Your rights and your freedoms are inferior and subjugate to the personal ambitions of those in power.

The elected official as one who serves the trust placed in them as a public servant no longer exists.

tWillis, Quickeye, SLBcmtr and 7 others like this.
  13. maxhush

NW MS
    If I recall, both Wicker and Thud removed the Mississippi flags from outside their offices when the whole latest flag controversy started. Too bad we cannot reciprocate by revoking their state citizenship and making them ineligible to hold office as residents of Mississippi.

tWillis, 94LEVERFAN, SLBcmtr and 8 others like this.
  14. bubbat

bubbat Gate Keeper to my corner of Hell

Clinton
    They never really have existed, people just thought they did.

15. mascott

16. Blondie70

Blondie70 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Here is a copy of the e mail I just sent to cochroach, wacker and pallazo

Someone just told me that you don't have your State Flag outside your office as all the others do.

Can this be true ? If so, it is the most shameful and cowardly thing I have ever heard of.

How could one have the nerve to "represent" the people of a State and not even have the fortitude to show their OFFICIAL State Flag ?

If this is true, people up there have got to be laughing at you behind your back. No one could possibly respect you.

The only manly thing to do, if this is true....is to resign and let some one with the intestinal fortitude and pride for their great State to take over.

We need strong people working for our behalf and for the behalf of our Country. You are taking up places and preventing this from happening.

Please do the right thing.

If this is not true, then I sincerely apologize. I love our State and it's beautiful Flag.

Quickeye, 94LEVERFAN, maxhush and 8 others like this.
  17. maxhush

NW MS
    I went and did a search for news articles to refresh my memory. Cochroach doesn't have the state flag outside his office. Wicker denounced it, but I can't find a news article on whether he still has it outside of his office (he did when the article was written last year) or removed it later (if he still has it it's probably because he, unlike Cochroach, faces re-election). But, this news article quotes what Wicker had to say about the state flag, just in case your blood pressure was running a bit low this morning:

Mississippi GOP senators reverse course on state flag

18. Blondie70

Blondie70 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

We sure missed out with Chris McDaniel ! These people are gutless .

19. bar306

bar306 Distinguished Poster

I personally see nothing wrong with a purely historical symbol being on our state flag. Historical symbols exist on other state flags and no one says a dam thing. Offensive subject matter can be found in any historical symbol or artifact. If this is the best response these guys (supposedly highly educated and experienced) can come up with, they should resign immediately...they're not qualified to serve in office. Next thing the idjits will start up is removing hog-jowls, neck-bones and grits from the grocery because someone's ancestors from 150 years ago were forced to eat it. But it's apparently O.K. for Mississippi cities administrated by a majority of the minority to promote and put on Pilgrimage's (Pure celebration's of Southern Historical Heritage - Civil War Era) to include military re-enactments and all the other stuff that goes along with such celebrations. I find it historically offensive to see minorities dressed as Southern Belle's and O.M.G.!...Yep...Confederate soldiers! But apparently it's O. K. for "them" to do that. The old homes, mansions and many county courthouses used in these celebrations need to be taken off the State Historical Register and stop using taxpayer funds to maintain them, as this should have the same offensiveness as the Confederate symbol existing on our State Flag. Remember, April 25 is Confederate Memorial Day. Say a prayer and salute all those who died and suffered during that historical era...or... maybe it never really happened. This is not the movie "Back to the Future" where a DeLorean can go back and change history forever.