Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some slack time today, so went out and fed my stump some .45 acp. It seems I'm better offhand with the Tisas (head shot grouping) than with a pistol rest (body shots). All from 10yds. I really don't know why the shots from a rest would be so far left, but not from offhand. Same sight picture, etc. :unsure:

·
Registered
19,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gunny...does that pistol have a 50 yard zero from factory ?
I doubt it. They aren't adjustable in any case. The rear is centered on the slide and seems to be permanent in the dovetail. I'm not inclined to beat on it to find out anyway. :)

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
That's possible I suppose, although I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I'll keep that in mind next time.
Bowhunters experience the same thing. When practicing, your bow hand is "open" (fingers are outstretched). When the arrow is released, the bow just kind of flops on its own and is held to your hand by the wrist strap. When hunters see a deer, then buck fever can take over and they close their fingers without realizing it. Depending on how they close their hand, their wrist will either torque to the left or right during the shot. I'm betting that the lack of muscle in your off hand having to hold up your pistol is allowing your wrist in your shooting hand to torque.

·
Registered
90 Posts
As long as the one near center of the Red was the first off bench, I wouldn't worry much about it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts