Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,343 Posts
I see you’re in Madison. Call and talk to Zack, the manager at ACE Hardware in Madison. They have their FFL. I think their regular price is $25, but he might offer a military discount. There are several places in Gluckstadt that might as well, like Guns n Gear.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The guys at ACE are definitely gun friendly!

Surprised me with there depth of stuff available.... first place I’ve ever seen that had some replacement brushes for a small electric motor in stock!
Good guys and frequently have a sweet black lab there to greet you!

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
The Range in Gluckstadt does "private" transfers, transfers between 2 individuals, for $10.
Ok, this is not what the OP was asking so I have to ask ‘why?’ on this private ‘transfer’ idea. Simply meet in public area / parking lot, ‘you got MS ID and legal to own’, ‘yea’, cash & firearm exchanged, thanks bye.

Worst case, get you a bill of sale, but I don’t bother. Anything else is giving up too much freedom voluntarily and adding to government overreach (We don’t check for drunk driving history before selling a car. We don’t check for history of rape before selling rope or duct tape. Etc.)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Ok, this is not what the OP was asking so I have to ask ‘why?’ on this private ‘transfer’ idea. Simply meet in public area / parking lot, ‘you got MS ID and legal to own’, ‘yea’, cash & firearm exchanged, thanks bye.

Worst case, get you a bill of sale, but I don’t bother. Anything else is giving up too much freedom voluntarily and adding to government overreach (We don’t check for drunk driving history before selling a car. We don’t check for history of rape before selling rope or duct tape. Etc.)
I agree with you 100 percent, and meet sellers or buyers in a public parking lot to finalize a deal. However, I have had some folks insist that they wanted the firearm out of their name and legally registered to the buyer. I generally respectfully pass on those purchases or sales. Also, if an an individual lives out of state, but chooses to bring a firearm to a buyer in MS rather than shipping the firearm. The transaction must go through an FFL and to me $10 is a bargain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts