Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to see a bit better with my 226. I have a fiber sight on my 1911 and i like it, but it came with it.

What company makes a good one?

·
Rational Anarchist
14,498 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
There are lots of varieties of FO sights. You will want to look at a few to determine what width and height you want for your blade as well as the width of fiber you want to go with. Some like a small dot, some want a glowing basketball. Fiber gets less vibrant over time as it gets exposed to oil, dirt, etc. so you'll want one that the fiber is easily replaceable. I like to change colors periodically as well because I have a bad habit of looking over the top of the sights and I find that the color change tends to draw my eyes back to the front sight where they should be. Agreed that Dawson sights are quality and they offer a wide variety of choices.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Is this for your primary carry pistol, or is it a range gun? The need for night capability would possibly make the choice different. I have put two sets of Dawson FO sights on day-only range/competition pistols, but Truglo on my carry pistol. Love them both.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts