Fiber optic pistol sights, what do you recommend?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by achancesw, May 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. achancesw

achancesw Distinguished Poster

I'm wanting to see a bit better with my 226. I have a fiber sight on my 1911 and i like it, but it came with it.

What company makes a good one?

2. Dave

Dave Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

3. jakeg823

jakeg823 Distinguished Poster

Richland
    Jarhead5811 likes this.
  4. dhollis51

dhollis51 Distinguished Poster

Dawson Precision are some of the best on the market. Tried and true sights.

5. Jarhead5811

Jarhead5811 Rational Anarchist MSGO Supporter

I have these on three pistols and have thought I’d just go with their fiber optic only version, (cost half as much) if I had a pistol that I wasn’t planning to carry. One cool thing about the TFXs, IMO, is that even after the tritium dies, they’ll still be great fiber optic sights.

para40, rigrat, 22lrfan and 1 other person like this.
  6. JohnHeiter

JohnHeiter Distinguished Poster

There are lots of varieties of FO sights. You will want to look at a few to determine what width and height you want for your blade as well as the width of fiber you want to go with. Some like a small dot, some want a glowing basketball. Fiber gets less vibrant over time as it gets exposed to oil, dirt, etc. so you'll want one that the fiber is easily replaceable. I like to change colors periodically as well because I have a bad habit of looking over the top of the sights and I find that the color change tends to draw my eyes back to the front sight where they should be. Agreed that Dawson sights are quality and they offer a wide variety of choices.

7. flyinrev

flyinrev Distinguished Poster

Is this for your primary carry pistol, or is it a range gun? The need for night capability would possibly make the choice different. I have put two sets of Dawson FO sights on day-only range/competition pistols, but Truglo on my carry pistol. Love them both.

Jarhead5811 and jakeg823 like this.