Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of filling out my app. for C&R. Went to surplusrifles.com and followed their instructions. Pretty sure I got everything, but would like any info making sure everything is 100% so i get it right the first time. Are there any small details I need to know? Do I right in the CLEO info, or does he have to do that? Do I need to talk with him before I send the app.? Is it better to fill out the Credit/Debit info and pay that way or send a Money Order? Just don't want to booger this up and it get complicated. Thanks for any info you may have.

· Registered
445 Posts
If I remember correctly, the LEO doesn't actually have to sign or approve anything -- you are just required to send him a copy for his records. I believe I just sent mine with a cover letter explaining why he was receiving a copy of my application and left it at that.

That reminds me, I never updated my address on my C&R FFL after I moved last year....*sigh*

· Registered
5,000 Posts
Make sure you use the current form. A few weeks ago I printed one off some forum and it was returned as invalid. Went directly to ATF site for the right one. Hopefully you're smarter than me and did it that way. Just a heads up.

· Registered
1,706 Posts
You will need to bring the form for CLEO(Chief Law Enforcement Officer) to Sheriff Allison in Millard.
One of his deputies will do a background investigation on you & will produce a letter stating that there is no reason you should be denied a C&R license due to your status as a good citizen & that no current laws restrict C&R firearms in Pearl River County or in the Great State of Mississippi.
You will send that letter to the BATFAGS along with your application & a check for thirty US dollars.
Then you wait.......& wait.......
One day a large package will arrive with a volume of current firearms laws covering all fifty states & some C&R status firearms along with your C&R license which is good for three years.
Put the full page licence in a safe place & DO NOT sign or mark anything on the original.
Make several COPIES of the original to mail out.
Only sign the COPIES when needed to send to someone.
Sign them in blue or green ink, not black.
If at a gunshow anywhere in the country, bring along UNSIGNED copies with you & sign them in the presence of the other license holder with your picture ID.
C&R licenses cannot be verified through the BATFAG websight, only 01FFL's can be verified by number.
You will need to acquire a book or paperwork forms to list your acquisitions & dispositions & keep them up to date religiously.

· Registered
2,054 Posts
Mailed papers and check to BATF and my local CLEO on the same day and that was that. End of story, the fat lady has sung and I've got my C&R -

· Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
27,954 Posts
oldironsights said:
You will need to bring the form for CLEO(Chief Law Enforcement Officer) to Sheriff Allison in Millard.
One of his deputies will do a background investigation on you & will produce a letter stating that there is no reason you should be denied a C&R license due to your status as a good citizen & that no current laws restrict C&R firearms in Pearl River County or in the Great State of Mississippi.
You will send that letter to the BATFAGS along with your application & a check for thirty US dollars.
Have they changed the rules on this? All I had to do was mail a copy of the app to the CLEO. They didn't have to do any background check,produce a letter,nor did I have to send a copy of anything from the CLEO in with my app.
Mailed my app to the ATF and had my license in 2 weeks. :scratch:

· Registered
2,054 Posts
Two weeks, Bubba? Dang, you must have been the first person ever apply for a C&R :) If I recall correctly, it took somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 weeks for mine to arrive -

· Registered
137 Posts
I have recently been contemplating building or buying an SBR. I see a lot of info that says it's best to create a trust to own the SBR to avoid fingerprinting and dealing with the local LEO. Can one hold a C&R license in a trust?

27,954 Posts
PapaDawg said:
Two weeks, Bubba? Dang, you must have been the first person ever apply for a C&R :) If I recall correctly, it took somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 weeks for mine to arrive -
Surprised me too, I had read it would take anywhere from 3 to 8 weeks on some of the C&R forums, when it came in it had an error on it, I called the ATF in Atlanta and they had me a corrected copy in my hands in 3 days sent priority mail.

27,954 Posts
It's a Curio and Relics Firearms license, a FFL 03 It's for collectors of firearms on the ATF Curio and Relics list(Garands,Springfield 03,Mosin Nagant etc gotta be 50yrs old). You can by them and have them shipped direct to you, don't have to go through a regular FFL. Get discounts from Midway and Brownells if you send them a copy of it too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.