Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get my CCW enhanced renewed as it expires in October. Just seeing any recommendations for getting the fingerprints done around the Jackson area and also a gun friendly notary, first time I did it, I was in Gulfport. Also, if you already have an enhanced carry do you need to still prove you’ve done courses? Or does it carry over?

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Can’t answer the questions about the notary but, yes, the enhanced carries over.

Reactions: USCGMK2

·
Super Moderator
7,197 Posts
Fingerprinting may be tricky due to COVID restrictions, but I always use the notary at my bank. Since I have an account there, they never charge a fee. I don't think being "gun friendly" is an issue, as mine never even reads the paper. They're just verifying that it was actually ME who signed it.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
duplicate post whoops

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Same here with notary, and I had the fingerprints done at our sheriff's office. Had to submit by mail due to local Highway Patrol turning me away during scheduled, published time for permits, saying they "cut off" permit renewals / acceptance of applications" at 35.
A few phone calls & emails got that changed sehr schnell !

·
Registered
598 Posts
The UPS Store will do the Notary. Almost any LE dept will do fingerprints.

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
The first time I had the city hall utility department do the notary. The second time a financial advisor next to the gun shop I frequent (I mentioned it to the FFL and he called next door, to his financial services buddy with a notary, and arranged it). The fingerprints I had done at the state patrol post. Of course, that was all pre-TP-apocalypse...

·
Deplorables Battalion Commander
26,970 Posts
I use my local bank for notarizing the application forms. Free to me as a customer.

The last time I checked, my local PD was not doing fingerprinting (on the one day each week that it does fingerprinting) due to COVID-19 precautions.

Now if I were a criminal, then I'll bet I'd be fingerprinted ... <sarc>

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,765 Posts
I use my local bank for notarizing the application forms. Free to me as a customer.

The last time I checked, my local PD was not doing fingerprinting (on the one day each week that it does fingerprinting) due to COVID-19 precautions. Now if I were a criminal, then I'll bet I'd be fingerprinted ... <sarc>
Well yeah, its necessary for them. That little ole shall not be infringed for your 2A right ---pifffff!

🙃

Reactions: LeansVeryRight2016

·
Deplorables Battalion Commander
26,970 Posts
Well yeah, its necessary for them. That little ole shall not be infringed for your 2A right ---pifffff!

🙃
Here's a related story from Massachusetts and Washington state about the CCW application process backlogs ... (just a short thread derail):

But just like Massachusetts, there are no provisions in Washington statute dealing with concealed pistol license applications that allow a licensing agency to refuse to accept and process a completed CPL application. In order to complete the application, fingerprints must be taken, and these agencies are not taking fingerprints because that requires close personal contact between the applicant and a department employee.

Critics argue there are solutions to this dilemma and they are simple. Applicants can be required to wear a mask and wash their hands immediately prior to being fingerprinted. Employees can wear masks and latex gloves. This is precisely how the Cowlitz County Sheriff’s Office is handling the process, as noted on the agency’s website: “There are only two people allowed in the lobby at a time and masks are required, they will be provided if you do not have one. Before we take you back for fingerprints, we will have you sanitize your hands and ask you a couple basic questions.”
The question from gun owners is simple. If Cowlitz County can do this, why can’t other counties?

###

Of course, I have the "option" of going personally -- and at my expense -- to a MHP station or to Jackson on the appointed day to submit my renewal application and be fingerprinted in person.

At least I'm a senior citizen, so I would move to the head of the line there.

Hmmm, the MHP station folks seem to be able to fingerprint safely.

Maybe my local PD just doesn't want to do it ... :unsure:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have Trustmark so I’ll try them. When I was stationed in Hawaii I had issues with a bank getting a notary for a gun permit so that’s why I was asking. I can’t remember what I did in Gulfport. I remember they did the fingerprints by scanning them. Hell I got a secret squirrel clearance and the Army in Kuwait did a biometrics scan surprised they can’t pull that crap up. I guess that’s federal government though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking to get my CCW enhanced renewed as it expires in October. Just seeing any recommendations for getting the fingerprints done around the Jackson area and also a gun friendly notary, first time I did it, I was in Gulfport. Also, if you already have an enhanced carry do you need to still prove you’ve done courses? Or does it carry over?
I mailed in my packet last wk. I live in Biloxi and called around to do fingerprints. Closest one was Pascagoula PD so I drove the 30 miles there and back to get it done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts