Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,420 Posts
By all accounts it looks to be in very good shape. Main thing about M39's I've seen over the years is their bore sizes vary a bit. Mosin's are supposed to be .311 diameter but some Finnish rifles are .308 and .310 and etc. They are considered to be the cream of the crop as far as Mosin's go save for maybe a true arsenal built sniper model. That said, they are still a Mosin, so $600-$700 is what I see them run at. Some go for more but I think it's wishful thinking on the sellers part.

If it's worth it to you, go ahead and buy it. Ammo is still plenty cheap and available.

· Registered
9,748 Posts
I have one very nice rifle got for the $650 value range... but have seen them sell up to $900+ish
Good grief I bought mine for ~$150 back in the 90s. Not surprised though, they are very accurate. I still wish I had my "B" barreled one, but life intervened and we need the $$ so I sold it. @kelhow if you can find a copy (or if he still has any for sale) get @Doug Bowser 's book Rifles of the White Death, it is considered a major reference source on Finn rifles. He is quoted in several other major books on the rifles, including Wrobel's Drei Linien, a 2 volume work on Mosin rifles in German. I can put you in touch with Doug if you don't know him.

· Premium Member
6,582 Posts
Good typical VKT. I’d say $650 to $700. Definitely a good investment. Great shooters.

Check under the tang if you get it to see who the receiver manufacturer was (mind the shims thought when taking out of the stock).

· Registered
32 Posts
Finn matched bolt and post war stock. Doesn't look like the metal was refurbished just dropped in a new stock. I have 2 very similar to this except they were reblued and one that has the pre war stock and absolutely no bluing, still has it's been there done that look. It's my favorite one and it's built on a Chatterault receiver so it's classified as an antique.

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Picked it up earlier this afternoon. Thanks to all who provided information as it provided assurance that it was well worth the asking price. Going to try to learn a little more about it before I take it to the range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts