close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Firearms permit unit

Discussion in 'Mississippi Gun Laws' started by GunnyGene, Apr 26, 2016.

1. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

Just curious, but does anyone know what the process/timeline is for the FPU to update their webpage? Firearms Permit Unit | Mississippi Department of Public Safety . Somewhat bored this early a.m. so checked to see if they had updated their references to applicable State laws. Nope. No mention of the revisions to them as passed in HB786 (specifically 45-9-101). Last time it was about a year before they got around to updating.

I realize this is a bureaucracy, but updating a webpage isn't that hard. Given the impact of HB786, it seems to me they'd want to stay up to date just for public relations purposes. :)

2. fredfredfred

fredfredfred Fred endorses this message

There you go thinking... the problem is often, even they don't know what is legal and what is not... lol

nukewarrior9 likes this.

3. bar306

bar306 Distinguished Poster

The job will have to go to the lowest bidder.

4. dwpmusic

dwpmusic Distinguished Poster

Well, this might not be the exact place to post this but I'll give it a shot anyway. Got my firearms permit renewal packet in the mail recently and I noticed it had quite a few pages. In fact, it seemed as if it had more pages than the original application. So, I called. "Ma'am do I have to fill out all these pages again and submit a picture for a renewal? Yes, you have to fill out pages 12-16. And get them notarized? Yes. And submit another picture? Yes, that too. Well, thank you so much." Hey, that's not a renewal. That's a re-application. They've even got a form asking if you've beat your wife that was not in there originally, I don't think. The only thing I see on a positive note is the fee has been reduced to $20 for old folks. Well, let's see if they tack on a fingerprint charge again. Mine haven't changed, I don't think.

5. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Do they have a page for if your wife beats you?

6. dwpmusic

dwpmusic Distinguished Poster

Well, they have a "Domestic Violence Affidavit" form. I suppose that's what they're talking about. Just wondering if your wife has ever beat you, would she be denied her permit? Anyway, I just filled out all the necessary forms and it didn't take that long. It's just the hassle of doing it all over again, getting another picture and there's five forms to be notarized, four if you're not retired military seeking the enhanced carry permit. Still, God bless Gov. Bryant for being pro-gun and pro 2nd amendment and he rides a motorcycle. Just that makes him a good guy.

7. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Are you sure about that.