Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright people, I need to pick your brains. I bought a used KSG from gtstang07. Looked to be like new condition, action cycles fine, feeds and ejects fine. However, it will not fire. If I rack the pump on an empty chamber, I do get a click upon pulling the trigger all the way back but it doesn't move the firing pin. When I chamber a round and try firing, the trigger pulls all the way back but absolutely nothing happens. I field stripped it and looked at the bolt and other internals, and everything looks right, nothing appears to be broken. I definitely can see that the firing pin does not move when I pull the trigger though, so Im not sure what is clicking in there. Thoughts? I sent an email to Kel-Tec support with these videos/image, but I dunno when/if Ill get a response.

UPDATE. I can't attach videos for some reason, and I am also getting that pic error everyone else seems to be getting it. If anyone who knows what they are doing is interested though I can email the video to you.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For the record, I bought the KSG as is and gtstang07 did say he had never fired it himself, just had it in the safe

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Within the bolt, there's a "bolt lock" that swings up into top of receiver to lock bolt into breech. (Like a Rem 1100) If it's not locking up, it will prevent the firing pin from striking the shell, but trigger and hammer bars will still release. IE. When you rack forward all the way with a brisk stroke,
is pump action locked? When unloaded, peek at breech face. Is it locked into breech. You can tell if inner lock is up all the way..
Other possibilities, firing pin pin, (retainer) is broken, which you cannot see, same with extractor axis which may be precluding bolt closure completely.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well guys I figured it out, there was nothing broken. Turns out the hammer has to be in a certain position when you reassemble it or it won't properly engage with the bolt. It obviously wouldn't fit together with the hammer released because the hammer just bumped into the bolt and stopped, wouldn't close all the way, so I would cock it back so the upper/lower would fit together. This was the problem. You actually have to start off with it released and then pull it back about a half inch to clear the bolt carrier. So all good now woooo!

·
Curmudgeon extraordinaire
8,084 Posts
Well guys I figured it out, there was nothing broken. Turns out the hammer has to be in a certain position when you reassemble it or it won't properly engage with the bolt. It obviously wouldn't fit together with the hammer released because the hammer just bumped into the bolt and stopped, wouldn't close all the way, so I would cock it back so the upper/lower would fit together. This was the problem. You actually have to start off with it released and then pull it back about a half inch to clear the bolt carrier. So all good now woooo!
Guns.women?
at least you got 1 figured out.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Glad you got it figured out!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts