Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First blood for my Super 14 in 30-30. 115 yards, verified with a Leupold range finder. She was broadside. I hit a little high, about half way between the front shoulder and spine and she went straight down. It was a complete pass through. The recovered bullet came from another deer. It is either a Winchester or Remington 150 gr soft point. Not sure. Was some bulk stuff I got years ago but it shoots good in my Contender and my Marlin. Kim Ralston’s Belt Buddy has done a great job of skinning all the deer I have used it on and is still really sharp. The deer’s expression in the one pic tickles me.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,899 Posts
Great shot and a very nice TC.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks yall. Yea I’m VERY disappointed it is supposed to be a warm week. Seems like the last two years I’ve had off the week of Thanksgiving it has warmed up.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I saw that earlier. Not sure where i saw it was supposed to be high 50s at night and high 70s during the week. Tomorrow and Tuesday morning will be my hunting days I reckon.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Added a second one but didn’t get any pics. Same deal, but it was facing me (head down) at just a little further than the first, about 122 yards. Went straight down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts