close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First Few

Discussion in 'Reloading/Ammunition' started by BasMstr, Apr 20, 2016.

1. BasMstr

BasMstr Distinguished Poster

All were shot at 9 yards. Hornady Frontier Lead 158 grain SWC/HP
    3.1.JPG 3.2.JPG 3.3.JPG 3.4.JPG 3.5.JPG 3.6.JPG 3.7.JPG

CajunBP, phillipd, Leadburner and 2 others like this.
  2. Vick

Vick Distinguished Poster

3.4 gr, doesn't look too bad....this out of the new Ruger?

3. BasMstr

Yeah, figured I'd test a few while Bobcat's in school. I think I'm gonna test again after I make a shooting bench. I'm pretty sure the fliers were my fault, not the ammo's.

4. Vick

Vick Distinguished Poster

I know you're down here on the coast...where do y'all shoot?

5. BasMstr

I built a railroad tie backstop on my property, but we also get the yearly membership at McHenry. The rr tie backstop is really nice, I just need to move the steel target up a little higher on the list of priorities. Its already time to change one of the ties out.

6. BasMstr

Got five more each of the 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, and 3.7 ready to go. Gonna wait til we have a more stable shooting platform, though. Primed about 350 cases (ran out of primers :(), got bored, decided to separate them by primer, and then by brass manufacturer. Then I decided to try setting the #55 powder measure, and got aggravated after about 20 minutes. Believe I'll leave that alone for handgun loads. I just can't seem to get it adjusted right. Now to order some powder dippers.

7. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    Need some primers? Got a couple thousand I'll let him have for $20/1000.

8. BasMstr

Yeah, bank account says I can buy about 3K for now. :D

9. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

I like the 3.2 and the 3.5 gr load , I'd say the flyers was my fault if it was me shooting. Would try them again off of a rest and see what you get.

BasMstr likes this.
  10. BasMstr

The fliers were definitely my fault, called em as soon as I pulled the trigger. I liked the 3.5 and 3.6 loads, but I want to see how Bobcat does, being how it's his revolver and all. Gonna make the aimpoint just a little bigger or wear my glasses next time. I think I mighta aimed at a bullet hole on a couple of them.

I let Bobcat try using a pistol rest with some factory ammo to get used to the rest, but it was sitting on a molded plastic table, so not real sturdy. I'm gonna build a small table with some left over 4x4 posts. Already got more test rounds loaded up, ready to try again! Also went ahead and ordered a 10" round AR500 steel target.

11. wllmkttrll

wllmkttrll Distinguished Poster

clinton
    20.00 a 1000 think I can something to load

12. BasMstr

You gotta let me get mine first!

13. BasMstr

Shot off a sturdy base with a pistol rest. I'm thinking 3.3 for the target loads.
    3.3 grains (1.87).JPG 3.6 grains (1.89).JPG