Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about going down to ms coast 4th July weekend and doing some saltwater fishing.
Looking for recommendations on where to stay that’s boat friendly an where to launch.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
The launch ramps at Gulfport's Small Craft Harbor are about the best I've found in the area (ramp length and angle, finger pier length). Courtyard by Marriott is just down Highway 90 to the east of the Harbor and I've seen both vehicle/trailers and 18-wheelers parked there. Chimney's and Salute's restaurants are right next door and offer excellent food. Shaggy's is right there also if you want burger's, etc.

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
I would launch in Goula to go offshore. Gulfport or Long Beach for the islands. If I can help with anything, let me know.
:yeah:, True, his statement. Point i. Pascagoula, but, buddy i use to go with, used Ocean Springs Harbor, but he Stalled his boat there alot too.

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
SIL, grandson & friend went again yesterday evening, not as good as previous day, 1 keeper Red, handful specks & flounder, i believe is all. Water was rougher,also-east wind.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Been doing pretty well on specks and reds. The islands or Biloxi marsh have been pretty steady since the last little depression came thru.

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
recently acquired a 11 ft PENN surf rod & fixing to mount a PENN Battle II 5000 on it, now if i can get my foot healed, to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts