Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Truth be told, I have never been in a gunfight. The closest I came occurred when I was about 8 years old at my family land in South Texas. My Dad, nicknamed “Grizz”, and I were out walking when we came upon a truck that should not have been there. The man in the truck jumped out wielding a .22 rifle and pointing it in our direction. My Dad, quickly shouldered his shotgun, and quite convincingly informed the man, he needed to put his “peashooter” AWAY and LEAVE. The man, realizing he was outgunned and in the wrong place, packed up and left in a hurry (Que the Benny Hill Theme Music). Even as a young boy, it was easy for me to realize, 1) events like this happen very quickly, and 2) you must take quick and decisive action. It also helps if your Dad is an imposing “Grizzly Adams” looking fellow that yells really LOUD!

Fast forward 40 years. As a Firearms Instructor, I have been very fortunate to train with multiple industry experts that know a thing or two about gunfights. And why they all have different experiences, the information gained from them in the classroom and on the range sound eerily familiar and confirm the actions I saw that day in South Texas.

Read the rest below!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Rule #2 Pull your gun first...? Get him before he has a chance to even think about pulling his...like when he’s looking away or something...

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rule #2 Pull your gun first...? Get him before he has a chance to even think about pulling his...like when he’s looking away or something...
You have to be careful. Unless you can prove they are an imminent threat this could be considered brandishing which in MS is a $500 fine and/or 3 months in jail. In some jurisdictions it could be a felony. Take the McClosky's in St Louis. They were charged with unlawful use of a weapon, which is a class E felony, and can carry a sentence of up to four years in prison and a fine of $10,000. jurisdictions it could be considered aggravated assault.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Don’t brandish..start pulling the trigger..the person you think MAY have a gun would never expect that...after its all over check for a weapon..if one isn’t found. Place said weapon in dead hand pull trigger few times for powder residue..check for cameras,confiscate dvr recorder..take all witness cellphones and you should be good..on second thoughts this should be rule number 1

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don’t brandish..start pulling the trigger..the person you think MAY have a gun would never expect that...after its all over check for a weapon..if one isn’t found. Place said weapon in dead hand pull trigger few times for powder residue..check for cameras,confiscate dvr recorder..take all witness cellphones and you should be good..on second thoughts this should be rule number 1

That is tampering with evidence and what you just posted could also be considered pre-meditated murder. This will land you in prison! The mere fact that you wrote this on a public forum can and will be used against you if you ever do have to defend yourself.

·
Registered
745 Posts
That is tampering with evidence and what you just posted could also be considered pre-meditated murder. This will land you in prison! The mere fact that you wrote this on a public forum can and will be used against you if you ever do have to defend yourself.
Relax man it’s a joke...any idiot that wood take that advice they are a perfect example of Darwinism...I have defended myself before..take a breather man...

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You may have meant it as a joke, but it will still be admissible in a courtroom. Or at the very least, it will end up costing you tens of thousands of dollars in attorney fees as the prosecutor and your attorney fight it out to see if it is admissible.

·
Registered
745 Posts
You may have meant it as a joke, but it will still be admissible in a courtroom. Or at the very least, it will end up costing you tens of thousands of dollars in attorney fees as the prosecutor and your attorney fight it out to see if it is admissible.
Hahahaha...if I defend myself it will be legal but appreciate your concern buddy...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts