Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
Matt Dillon would say; you better straighten up or I am going to hang your hide to the wall.

·
Account no longer active.
833 Posts
I'm becoming more and more interested in revolvers. I believe it would be a fun and informative class.

Reactions: Mesquite

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,360 Posts
His statement is not 100% accurate. We trained/qualified at least once a year with duty ammo. I did it a bit more often on my own. But his point is valid for many, as there are a lot of cops that will only practice when required to.

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,360 Posts
Tons of these old western TV series on Youtube. I watch them sometimes.

15978070_610526139144935_5921391351507049809_n.jpg

That's my cousin and me with Pancho (Leo Carrillo) in Laurel in 1957 during Laurel's Diamond Jubilee.

·
Account no longer active.
833 Posts
MeTV (free with antenna) plays Paladin, Gunsmoke, The Rifleman, Wagon Train and Ponderosa. I watch or sleep through them during the day before going into work.

But back to revolvers, I see a second one in my future. I absolutely love my .44 Mag Vaquero so maybe something slightly shorter for carry.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I've got several that I shoot a good bit. Carried a revo for many years as LEO back in the day, and never felt under gunned or any less well armed. Still tote one now from time to time, and still feel the same. There are plus's and minus's to any firearm.

·
Premium Member
10,445 Posts
First thought, saw thread was Gus McCall on Lonesome Dove, whacking that bartender with his Colt then shooting the shot glass:D.

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,360 Posts
First thought, saw thread was Gus McCall on Lonesome Dove, whacking that bartender with his Colt then shooting the shot glass:D.
That's why he liked some heft to his pistols in Open Range while Charley Waite liked them lighter for a quicker draw.

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,360 Posts
A friend of mine used to say, "be mindful of the man that carries a revolver, he probably knows what he's doing".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts