1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Rational Anarchist
13,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
ULTIMATE WEAPON THE GLOCK IS....FAIL IT DOES NOT
3,462 Posts
I worry about not being able to make it home as I work 70 miles away and my wife works 55 miles away. Hopefully I'll have already made it through NO East before the pulse but more than likely I'll have to hike the whole distance

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
I wonder about the carriers. Our own Leutnant zur See Lieutenant JG said that as the USN Harry S. Truman Strike Force went through the Suez ditch on the way to the Med, all ships lost internet and radio comms - save for the Truman.He says our carriers are pretty "hardened", electronically. Hopefully that includes EMP attack.

·
I’ve got one more silver dollar
733 Posts
My worst case scenario seems more like a possibility:
This has also been my worst feared scenario. Whether natural or man made it will not be good.

·
Chief cook and bottle washer
1,627 Posts
I wonder about the carriers. Our own Leutnant zur See Lieutenant JG said that as the USN Harry S. Truman Strike Force went through the Suez ditch on the way to the Med, all ships lost internet and radio comms - save for the Truman.He says our carriers are pretty "hardened", electronically. Hopefully that includes EMP attack.
That’s really spooky stuff HerrZnk

·
Deplorables Battalion Commander
26,830 Posts
China, Iran, Norks ... each/all of them could lob an EMP high over the US.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,675 Posts
I worry about not being able to make it home as I work 70 miles away and my wife works 55 miles away. Hopefully I'll have already made it through NO East before the pulse but more than likely I'll have to hike the whole distance
Yeah thats been my worry having to make it in from a offshore rig and then if that was possible from down around Houma. Already found a alternative route in stead of the Lake Pontchartrain bridge going into Slidell. But would be a long trek on foot. Approximately 250 miles on foot from the La coast I'd more than likely be at.

·
ULTIMATE WEAPON THE GLOCK IS....FAIL IT DOES NOT
3,462 Posts
I'm going to stash a bicycle at my shop. According to the goog, its a 25 hour walk and a 7 hour bike ride. I just have to make sure I remember to start the activity on my fitness tracker....

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
I'm going to stash a bicycle at my shop. According to the goog, its a 25 hour walk and a 7 hour bike ride. I just have to make sure I remember to start the activity on my fitness tracker....
When I was commuting 1 hour each way, I looked in to buying a folding bicycle to keep in the car; already had a bugout bag packed, and an M4 in a baseball bat gear bag. Those of you who travel a ways to work might want to look at stowable bicycles. They're very common in Germany and Switzerland with office workers. During morning / evening commute you'll see businessmen/-women ride up on one at the train station, fold it up & board the train to work/ home.

·
26,830 Posts
I thought they have had the capability hit the U.S. with an first strike EMP 30yrs ago. ???
I don't think the Iranian Mad Mullahs or the Norks' Rocket Man (or his father) had the delivery means (ICBMs) 30 years ago.

Also in both cases, I don't think the Pakistanis had "shared" their nuclear knowledge with them yet.

Reactions: rc and Henry Bowman

·
MSGO Court Jester
35,752 Posts
EMP attacks has long been a possibility. But it would invite retaliation, probably nuclear.
With Trump in office, that second part is inevitable, and probably in spades. I suspect our submarines are safe from such while submerged.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
19,636 Posts
I don't think the Iranian Mad Mullahs or the Norks' Rocket Man (or his father) had the delivery means (ICBMs) 30 years ago.

Also in both cases, I don't think the Pakistanis had "shared" their nuclear knowledge with them yet.
Don't think they have either but China has had an ICBM that could reach the middle of the U.S. since 1981, 39yrs ago.

·
26,830 Posts
Don't think they have either but China has had an ICBM that could reach the middle of the U.S. since 1981, 39yrs ago.
True, but think of China's status on the world stage in 1981 vs. China on the world stage TODAY. Big difference.

Plus, the Biden's and the Clinton's -- and other pols -- have been bought and paid for by the ChiComs. And I realize that Bill Clinton was a decade later than your 1981 date.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
19,636 Posts
True, but think of China's status on the world stage in 1981 vs. China on the world stage TODAY. Big difference.

Plus, the Biden's and the Clinton's -- and other pols -- have been bought and paid for by the ChiComs. And I realize that Bill Clinton was a decade later than your 1981 date.
Article isn't about their status on the world stage, it's about their capability of delivering EMP to the U.S., which they have been able to do for almost 40yrs it's nothing new.

·
26,830 Posts
Article isn't about their status on the world stage, it's about their capability of delivering EMP to the U.S., which they have been able to do for almost 40yrs it's nothing new.
Being able vs. being willing ...

Reactions: rc

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,675 Posts
This is what I have thought about doing although it would still take quite awhile it would be quicker bicycling 250 miles than walking.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts